The Official Work Pictures Thread

That's insane. How do you price a job like that, how long did it take?

Memorial day...Fell about 22 dead firs in CG per day (3 days) ...average height was between 130ft to 160ft+...lots of camp buildings and PVC water pipes that were just under surface...wedged over almost everyone but 3 we set lines in because of bad lean and out buildings....

004.jpg

007.jpg

004.jpg

022.jpg

011.jpg

Camped out near the lake...

030.jpg

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 42
That’s some OG Mistabehn shit right there. I just can’t begin to fathom the head aches and I thought I had enough already

And good show BOTS. Hows semi retirement treating you?

One of many...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h5krUAKfkqA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice work Scott!

Mini chipper? Never.

The paper is about 15 dollars, 2 rolls of blue tape at like 10 bucks... two guys for about 45 minutes to set up....

About 10 minutes to tear down and throw in the back of the truck....

The friggin' wood and brush was about 1000 hill repeats...

I'm about 3rd string climber now.... it's the weirdest thing I've ever experienced....

But I just can't run and grow a business from the top of a tree... ArborMD has climbers for that.

It's a weird transition... from Climber to Belly rubber.

Thanks all!

Bodean, it is weird but its best to have some top climbers so you can go bid and set up jobs like your saying...this will grow your business the best way, but it wont if you are in a tree all the time.

Its how Bixler does it as well, he wins bids and has work a month out or so, then he can help out when the bids start rolling in...

Scott... you're a good shot. Like the pics.

Thank you for the nice words Gary.

Here's a pic from my other world at the moment...maintaining an Oak Conservatory near San Jose...

There are some drainage issues.

20190708_121720.jpg

Wondered if you would be able to cut down on trips hauling unwieldy things, possibly falling and potential injuries by making chips that would pack out easily in, IDK, free coffee bags or whatnot. I find holding a pile together, up or down stairs is a lot of work. Ratchet strapped bundles work outdoors, where there is more width. If someone wants to put it down for a break, it's easy to do so, and pick it back up, without expend a lot of energy holding the pile together, which never tires of trying to fall apart. Easier to shoulder a load in tight spaces/ stairways. We had to cross a septic mound, Glendon system, which has a ton of loose sand on top of concrete tanks. Repeated trips would have eroded it terribly. Two bundles passed onto, then over the railing easily, and up the stairs, avoided most of the impact.

Our little cable and brace today. Got the call from a regular customer that her locust was failing. drove out and strapped it so it would hold up till we could get there in a few days. Reduced, crown raise over the chicken coup.
The HOs are looking to just get maybe 8-10 more years with the tree until some new ones they will plant will start to fill in to shade the coup and take over for the locust when it comes time to remove it. I think I bought it more time than that, we'll see.
I admit, the reduction looks a little harsh. It was what she requested to straighten up the tree and simplify the removal in the future.
In fact, she had done a lot of cuts prior to the return visit. IMG_0196.jpg IMG_0197.jpg IMG_0198.jpg IMG_0199.jpg IMG_0200.jpg
After....

Attachments

• IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 68
Nice pics BOTS...love the foggy first one, it looks like black and white until you scroll down and see the green on the lower trunk.

Great work out there. I finally have something a bit bigger than lately. Took back weight off , neighbour kindly allowed the use of his yard. Long limbs, they fit the yard and cleared most everthing so I sent them. Extreme heat cut the days short. Cool today. Dropped the walnut into custys yard. Just kissed the clothes line pole. The new to me 088 did well after my repairs. 36" bar. Walnut was 34". All processed and ready for chipping monday and milling later the next week.

I did find something strange with the 088.

I suck at straight, level cuts.

Capture+_2019-07-05-17-34-54-1.png

20190708_132227.jpg

20190712_113341.jpg

20190712_113456.jpg

20190712_113527.jpg

20190712_113751.jpg

Back