The Official Work Pictures Thread

The man who owns the machine/equipment makes the $$$ ... <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_zIJRozvSj8?list=UUWspz651Idr66-bwu1RPOlg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe> ... this machine don’t owe me nuthin ! Drop trees and convert to firewood on site is a nice part time gig ... with ported saws, splitter and good help you can make a decent hourly wage ... I see all kinda gear and equipment here but man does it cost ! Too many guys in my locale workin for beer money to try and upscale ... lookin like a 100face splitting job comin down the pipe - time to burn off some lard !

IDK about the Vermeer grapple, as I've only looked at it.

There is no bollard on the Vermeer.

Unless the rotator has a 'drift' position, I can't see it feeding a chipper very well, needs some 'give', in my Limited experience. I've fed my chipper lots, and it's a chuck and duck. A hydraulic machine would be easier to feed, but 25% heavier for similar productivity. I tow my chipper a lot. IDK if you can do that with any other grapple. I have yet to use my dedicated hitch-plate on my mini, just the BMG Towing Receiver.

People also process brush according to the gear they have. People develop tricks around the gear they have and the brush/ logs that they deal with.

If I could only have one, I'd go BMG. For August's crew, ironed up with competent operators, I'd like both.

He has shown a few tricks I have more trouble doing with a BMG, like grabbing a near-vertical log coming down on a rope. Vermeer, anybody could do it, I think, BMG the swing move is for more advanced operators.

I've rolled some huge logs on flat ground with the BMG's horizontal tube, where the Ryan's and Vermeer's pusher-head thingies would be in the way.

BMG Scoops. Heard the testimonials

BMG rake. Heard the testimonials.

You can lock and unlock the Vermeer to rotate or hold a certain angle. I've become pretty skilled with it locked in free swing: stacking brush piles with 20ft limbs, feeding the chipper... The only think I want now is a heavier machine, stronger hydros, and for the grapple to be built tougher.

Thanks, Nutball.

I hadn't heard if it has free-rotating or just different locked positions. It's been years since looking into the manual.

The extended push-bars make the Vermeer and Ryan's much longer, I think.

Thanks, Nutball.

I hadn't heard if it has free-rotating or just different locked positions. It's been years since looking into the manual.

I don't know about weights.

Cory, what do you have?

We took 3 days off from our Ash project to clearcut 600 cubic meters of beech.
3 guys cutting 600 cubic meters in 3 days, that is the kind of logging where you've burned 1½ gallon of fuel come lunchtime.

Great weather but one hell of a tail wind.
The only guys left standing after a day of that, are borecutters. It is backstrap or barberchair, every tree.

Good part is, you can leave your wedges in the truck.

Had one interesting tree that I was asked for advice on.

Rotten enough that the front leader might start going down on it's own as the backcut was made with the wind blowing so hard.

We managed to work around that. notice that it has been cut in " get the hell out of Dodge" height instead of digging it out of the ground like we usually do:D

P1070046.JPG P1070059.JPG P1070058.JPG P1070049.JPG P1070050.JPG P1070054.JPG P1070056.JPG P1070057.JPG

Nice pics, Stig. How far out in the boondocks are you on this job, just curious

Sean I have a kubota r520 with a bobcat industrial grapple bucket. The bucket is highly versatile which is why i've never gone to a grapple though I think about it often. Don't really want to carry 2 attachments and the grapple bucket does it all

...brilliant whiteness.

tenor.gif

:lol:

Live, healthy beech are great to fell, dismantle, or even prune. Dead or decaying can just f#%! off. Very little one can count on. You guys did a nice job on that Stig. He was right to get a second opinion.

Another day of hazard removals. Nothing special. Took it easy since we were down a man and, well we felt like taking it a bit easy today.
Did manage some beautiful wild cherry logs though.
5663D37B-F488-4C0F-8CF4-018C547B45FF.jpg
Dead and dry as a bone, but with all the tiny little tips. I’m calling it a winter lightning strike. Bark resembled a strike. Just no big blow outs. Besides being dead, there was no other reason for removal. It was in a stable location with no root washout and had a definite lean away from the road. Judging by the state it was in, it was browned out when they did the hazard survey

Also we did 6 others today. These cherry logs just made me happy

Nice pics, Stig. How far out in the boondocks are you on this job, just curious

Sean I have a kubota r520 with a bobcat industrial grapple bucket. The bucket is highly versatile which is why i've never gone to a grapple though I think about it often. Don't really want to carry 2 attachments and the grapple bucket does it all

Yes, you probably do...well, for a full sized wheel loader, from the looks of it, not just a hundred or so pounds and not just a bit over 3Gs, and not so easy to sell as a used mini-bmg, and I don't know your market, and I have never worked with a grapple bucket, but have watched my friend with his tractor and grapple bucket. Depends on your market, a LOT.

Is you wheel loader too large for some jobs? Lots of crane jobs? Do you crane out what you can't get the wheel-loader to? Would a mini and BMG help out the arsenal?

2 attachments...how many different size saws do you have? Do they all collectively make you more money compared to only half as many?

A mini and BMG can help any arsenal.
I have worked side by side with full sized tire machines and danced around them as they got stuck, in the mud, on a hill, in the snow, and on ice.

Awesome pics Stig.

Nice logs Rich.

Man, Stig... Some huge son of a Beaches! Raddest pics. I wanna learn to cut like you guys, cause the saws gobble wood so hard when yer runnin the tiny little bars with full house chain like you guys do. Super fun to cut that way, I just suck at it.

Rich: Rad pics. This is the coolest thread.

Back