The Official Work Pictures Thread

DDDDAAAAAANNNNNGGGG!!!! PETER! You da freakin MAN, BRO!!!

What'dya mean ya suck, bro, those look like perfect cuts from my house!

Sam: Those where some really beautiful pics. Thanks.

Nice drop!
Nice drop!

Peter, maybe consider gutting the hinge, or bore it just so, with less hinge, to have less fiber-pull. Stig, et al, would know better.

Good seeing your 'round, Scott!

That's a beautiful tree, Peter. I'd be proud of that cut. Level for me is a fleeting concept when I put the saw to the trunk.

Cool vid, Jed. Was that top tooken at about 30' up?

Yes, BOTS, you've been gone too long! Semi retirement? What are you doing more of now that you are apparently doing less tree work?

Yeah, Corey, both these trees (here's the other one)https://youtu.be/mSbUFUXUO_U were "high-stumped," at about 15'; meaning that 75' tops were tooken off a 15' stump. This one hung around a little too long (Thank GOD for Humboldts!) on the stump. I probly shoulda got up a bit higher. I'm getting a little lazy/complacent in my old age.

Nice vid. Yeah that humboldt working was text book.

I doubt you are getting lazy etc, just highly skilled and experienced. As you know, it all boils down to taking the biggest possible, safe, cut.

But stay vigilant. I was just reading the monthly accident report in tree care magazine and I'm frequently amazed by the number of old folks (60's and older) who die aloft doing tree work

Speaking of old folks getting hurt...Oooooo the deadly hand saw strikes again. I was making a small cut, holding the piece with other hand, very conscious and careful of the dangers of cutting in proximity of one's arm, and wack, the saw popped onto my wrist. Thank goodness it wasn't a stroke with the saw, it was a pop straight down onto it, barely contacting the skin. Blood spurted out 4-5" high with each heart beat. I thought i was gonna die :O. I put pressure on the site and the blood flow stopped soon. I didn't want to come down cuz this tree was a hassle to climb and I was almost finished. So groundie sent up bandage and tape and I finished up. Went to the walk in that night at wife's insistence, Dr put glue on the puncture.

holy f!

I certainly don't take blood thinners. Some people do for blood pressure, I think.

Thirst diminishes with age, regardless of water needs.

Balance diminishes with age, inevitably.

More times of exposure to risk.

Having a tree hang up in another tree, while on the stump is no bueno. Having a big stub to hide behind, helps.

Gutting the hinge can help it fall faster. I just tried. It was dead. Dead trees don't bend as well, so limb-lock is worse. Dead trees don't have weight on their side, either.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320938.php

Caregiving
Dehydration and Aging
Exercise and Aging
Nutrition and Aging
Seniors and Falling
Sleep and Aging
Dehydration occurs when your body doesn’t have enough water and other fluids to function normally. Dehydration can happen to anyone, but it is a problem that is more common in people who are older.

Your body loses water every day when you breath, perspire, urinate, and have bowel movements. For your body to work right, you need to keep it well hydrated.

As you age, your sense of thirst lessens and the kidney isn’t able to conserve body water as well. Over the age of 50, you may feel tired and draggy rather than thirsty, and may opt for a nap instead of a tall glass of water. If you remain dehydrated, you can end up suffering complications, some of which can be serious.

[URL=http://www.radikal.ru]
b913375a4731.jpg
[/URL]

Exactly what I was thinking. Great variety and uniqueness.

Safety-ing off to a fence is "outside the box" thinking...good show.

The other day, when talking about maple syrup coming from boiled down maple sap, my daughter asked me if people drink tree sap. I said Birch Sap, in some places, at least St. Petersberg!

The other day, when talking about maple syrup coming from boiled down maple sap, my daughter asked me if people drink tree sap. I said Birch Sap, in some places, at least St. Petersberg!

In fact, birch sap is sold here in ordinary supermarkets, along with other drinks. But I like juice, which is collected and preserved at home. Subject more modern technology is allowed to do. In the photo is a birch sap with a slice of lemon. Lemon gives a spicy flavor. Especially in summer when it's hot.

When I distilled my own whiskey, I used birch sap for diluting it down from cask strength.
Smoothed it out wonderfully.

Back