The Official Work Pictures Thread

My frozen forest Mick.

I had a cool transfer over to a maple all set up when a call came in over the radio that a skier was injured and needed rescue/transport via snowmobile. Me and two other guys dropped everything and hauled ass on the sleds. It was exciting. No harm, sounds like she just took a bad fall and caught a nasty bruise.

All's well.

He has a very valid piont. Also that log may not be marketable but since CV owns a portable mill it could be profitable. Or it's just a west coast long bar thing:lol:

Conventional might have made the log hit tip first rather than butt first possibly limiting the run down the hill?

Why use a Humboldt?

"Burnham showed me"...............I know, but I still wonder, I see no reason for using it for your trees.

Actually, for this log, it was just easier. The hill is steeper than it looks. So the under cut could be made easier down low than high on the downhill side.I cut both ways. I will cut conventional often as a humboldt. It's about how I want the log to land, what is easier for me at the time, many factors. Sometimes it is about just practicing for when we have logs going to a mill.

Rich 😂😂

That's a nice fatty Stephen!👍 what happened to your rope,it got damaged from abrasion or pulled too hard?

This picture is for you and Nick (fromwisconsin). Nick made this dead eye for me special. Sad she had to be sacrificed.

Attachments

• tmp_5430-20161228_1503261860355856.jpg
    tmp_5430-20161228_1503261860355856.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 67
Epic pics everyone!!

Golden work there Stephen, big feral toad of a pondo, you got it down before the fat lady sang..nice ;)

Awesome pics and work. Stephen on ones like that I've tied multiple butt ties kind of like a daisy chain even going up to three or four so that if one broke the next would bycatch and so on and so forth. Just a thought. Looks like it all worked out anyways.

What a monster!

I thought about a redundancy line, but I figured it would slow enough to keep from running too far. It was more a precaution. The ground was so soft it should have just made a trough from the weight and stopped. But man, I would hate to seen what could have happened if it did not. That is the hwy to Yosemite down below. Bad juju if it slid there.

I thought about a redundancy line, but I figured it would slow enough to keep from running too far. It was more a precaution. The ground was so soft it should have just made a trough from the weight and stopped. But man, I would hate to seen what could have happened if it did not. That is the hwy to Yosemite down below. Bad juju if it slid there.

I picked up a 50' hank of 1 1/8" stable braid off of ebay ,reasonably cheap, for just such tree catching needs. I have yet to break it.

Sam, Rich, Mick, Gary, Scott... thanks so much! Sgriff Sam!!! Ahhhh!!! Pigggg!!! Dude, that tree was insane. Stephen: That was a pig too. Nice cutting. You too Sam.

We did this dead Fir today with our nuckle boom which was able to drive up about about five feet away from the fir. Barely beat the rain with the blower on the parking lot at 11:00 a.m. I drove the twelve-foot butt-stick home and found the little lady sick in bed with a fever and a rockin sore-throat. I dragged her out into (I'm not kiddin ya!) the freezing-ass rain to make a goat-diversion. Man, she was pissed, but we got some beers in us and ended up soaked-through, but having a ton of fun. Proof that ya gotta get outside now and again, even when it sucks out. She's sound-asleep again as I type this at 5:00 pm. :lol:

unnamed-1160.jpg unnamed-1161.jpg unnamed-1162.jpg unnamed-1163.jpg unnamed-1164.jpg unnamed-1165.jpg unnamed-1166.jpg

Substantial work, Gents.

I'm off to pick up a new to me 12', 8K tandem trailer with ramps. A good step up from my single axle trailers.

Back