The Official Work Pictures Thread

Great pics!

Jed, really happened. Most of the neighbours were present when the HO was cutting the limb, and they were there keeping an eye on me. Made a huge impact on them, without surprise. They are glad the tree is coming down, reminder of a terrible situation.

Nice photos everyone.

That's a cool looking truck Bermy. Does it have to be completely level to operate?

Brian it looks like you're killin it, I didn't know you had such a big crew. Nice photos man.

Joel and Griff got some big nasties there, nice work fellas. That lift is huge, it looks scary as hell.

Smoooth ride Fi.

Peter: That's messed up, I bet those folks were making you nervous.

I just wanted you guys to see this. I hopped into the back of my truck to try to move some chunks around to make room for a maple removal we did today, and I couldn't help noticing how well the light made the rings stand out on the Sequoia we did yesterday. My hand is for perspective. The ring I'm pointing to is about an inch and a half. Total rings: 27. Maybe a 50' tree. Probably 40" on the stump.

unnamed-734.jpg

That's a lot of growth in a year!

Yes, the bucket truck has to be level to operate, the owner is letting me move it around and set it up for my own work. Learning the ins and outs. It maxes out at about 43', the bucket rotates 180* which pretty much allows you to tuck in to some pretty tight places and around corners. It works for a lot of what I have to do on the main property I work on. Except one tree today, just cant get to the tippy top, have to climb it tomorrow.

Those are awesome pictures Joel,smashin em.
quite a nasty looking uugh,what kind of tree is that?

Those are huge rings on the sequoia for sure,amazing species.

Cute ride Fiona 😉

43 inch DBH northwest poplar I felled.
Was planted 45 years ago which is incredible for our short growing seasons way up here in northern Canada.

Attachments

• 20160430_142232-1-1.jpg
    20160430_142232-1-1.jpg
    1,003.3 KB · Views: 53
Little job I got out of the road this morning for bigger jobs coming up. Felled and cut up small for the homeowner 8 poplars leaning over his garage and up against a 12K or bigger line with a Limits Of Approach of 5 feet.
Ivan a Manitoba Hydro linesmen did a disconnect and reconnect of the old fashioned 3 wires for me, then upgraded it with a tri plex on the reconnect.

20160510_105629.jpg 20160510_121700.jpg 20160510_133212.jpg

Nice!

I always like the ones like the last pic, kinda like a nature documentary.

"The saw stalks it's victim and tears into it when the time is right, and after hours, the saw takes a break to survey the carnage it has done"

Nice!

"The saw stalks it's victim and tears into it when the time is right, and after hours, the saw takes a break to survey the carnage it has done"

Plot twist!
d8c25ab2b02458a87d3a4cd6c34dcbbf.jpg

Ha! We've got hippies in Seattle who probably pray continually to the Dryads for just that sort of an occurrence.

Yup, that's a pig, Williard.

Nice!

Well said Peter, I like that 8)
That's my right hand, Husqvarna 562XP with 18" Cannon Super Mini bar with Stihl 23RS .325 chain running on a 7 pin rim.

Without my saws I would be a mere individual.:D

P1040418.JPG P1040413.JPG P1040408.JPG P1040407.JPG P1040400.JPG P1040377.JPG P1040374.JPG P1040361.JPG P1040351.JPG P1040339.JPG P1040319.JPG P1040308.JPG P1040305.JPG P1040421.JPG

We're working on our State forest hazard tree project.
Knocking tops off left and right.
Some in real bad shape, some not and pretty much all sizes.
On those in bad shape the trick is in knowing how big a top you can take in one bite without causing the trunk to break down.
Bowed out of one today, both Ganoderma and Kreuztmaria in the botttom, fighting each other for world dominition.
Poked a saw into it in a few places and found coffeground coloured dust or nothing at all.
Just not worth it to try topping one like that.

We don't remember to take pictures of all of them, so these are just a sample.
Fun work and well paid, too.

The one with the chains is just to show my favourite way to handle a species prone to splittin, with a lot of lean.
It broke the hinge at 25" thickness but had no chance to barberchair.

Attachments

• P1040300.JPG
    P1040300.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 54
Great pictures...what a lot of big, problem trees.

Glad you cleared up that chain thing. My first thought was "are they really going to catch that top on that spar with a chain???"

First impression was WTF? :D

What is going to be done with the rotten one? Fell it rather than top it?

I told them that I failed to see it as a hazard tree, since it was on the brink of a lake and leaning heavily towards the lake, so when it eventually goes over, it'll fall into the lake.
So they decided to have us remove one large branch over a path and leave the tree as is.

I don't know who does their hazard tree assesment, but I'm not impressed.
Next to a group of four we topped was a fifth one with both Fomes and Kreutzmaria that had been overlooked. Most of the top was dead, so it wasn't really hard to see that something was wrong, then look for fruting bodies of whatever caused it.
We'll fell that one for them tomorrow, as it is too far gone for us to want to top it.

NO CLEAN-UP!!!!:D:D:D
They have their own people do that.

Today at quitting time the forester in charge and his apprentice came out for a look-see.
Just as Richard took out a huge top in one piece, it really shook the ground.
Apprentice girl was all fired up about it and the forester was quite impressed, too. He told us they are thinking of having us come in once a year, and have us deal with all their hazard trees.
Could be a good deal for us.

Back