The Official Work Pictures Thread

The elevator. Some electric/hydraulic fitting keeps blowing them. A pretty good stream too. I'll lose a half gallon in the time it takes to fold up

Yessir, as my friend Stephen articulates well.

Although it must be noted...cutting the off side of your hinge away is a death blow to a pass from Mr. D.D. Dent, if I recall correctly :D.

You know... that's always been my feeling too Burnham: like if you gun the tree that way, and then cut-up the back that way, then to zip a corner as it's going over to steer it or to compensate for side-lean, or whatever, seems like an indication of an over-sight in the preliminary falling plan. Still... I do it all the time. Sort of "lazy man's treefallin" or something.

That house picture with the mountain is insane beautiful!
d5e83d876aeb0c71c93aaf0e5d9b2384.jpg
this is the crappie area that other euc was along with the last of that job and the massive solar panel setup they put in prior to us doing the work!
6d6ceeb0d7957be0f473dd9b54c91743.jpg
c8747b17fa1ae18f47019115c1be2a29.jpg
ca0cfaba7454fe20cd41e77ae025156c.jpg
trunk was pulled with the bobcat as it was leaning other way over the fence(not pictured for whatever reason)👊🤕
131e7c83718b4dfb87b8988b46b4f02b.jpg
this is after i got over the hump,idk why im always more concerned with getting her done than documentation ☹

I have this really bad euc next week...not looking forward to it
c30eb5d7d6bab2b98ace3ffee6663dfe.jpg
43468739ecc42991eaea47f2c2aba30a.jpg
7d5ede0ced5dc2f0a8deaef603708b1d.jpg
1887bec76492db1b93f1054f2cc98d37.jpg
5e2cbed3af8c50705c047b44750e5732.jpg
was topped at about 20' up years ago...

Documentation is hard on a job like that. I find I just get that hunker down and get it done mind set and totally neglect the film.
I just cranes out a good sized pondo stick and have hardly a clip. Something about being on the side of a stick with an 066 strapped to me required more attention and focus. Perhaps. Focus to just get it DONE.

Tight quarters, frustrations from people placing things in an area that would have been easier to work with out.
I recently had an estimate form an older customer. We had been able to do some good work for them in the past. Keeping the work in a good budget for them. Then the daughter took over matters. Put a damn pool and fence into our only good access to the back yard. Then wanted a great price on the removals. We were going to have to build a new road in. So much for budget. Bid high and lost it to a guy with a quad. Boo Hoo :lol:
Tough job man. Hats off.

Can get a 90 ton in the driveway and will be good for 3k lbs,I counted out 35-40 picks,it's $3,000 a day for the crane and it seems like a two day ordeal,there is also a full skirt fan palm to remove along with a few others.

The guy hiring me bid it for two days with a 135' man lift,which I absolutely despise,im a tree climbing sob not a frikkn window washer. I get nervous in the man lifts,boom ok,spider lift mmmm ok,man lifts hate em. We talked about it and i told him how i feel about it so whatever,makes me want to renew my life insurance policy....

My daughter wanted me to post her pics that she took of her big cottonwood I felled for her.

90 feet tall 60 feet wide and 43 inch Dbh . Only 45 years old, laid it between her house and 12K powerline with a space of only 72 feet wide.

20160430_093147.jpg IMG_7290.jpg IMG_3348.jpg IMG_3618.jpg

Here's 3 more pics to add. She put her camera behind the oil jug that I was gunsighting the tree for. I made sure not to hit the jug as it was full, Hahahah

IMG_1426.png IMG_9110.png IMG_1537.jpg

Jed, the fiber orientation is funky where you set that hinge that ripped down the side of the cedar. Do you know how I mean? Its fibers are sorta parellel, rather than perpendicular, like the other side of the hinge.

I try to avoid a hinge like that, as I I find it to be less predictable.

Cool action shots Willard!

I can only post pics right now when I get Wifi on my tablet...might try few tomorrow on the jobsite's super duper speedy zippy wifi.

Thanks Fi, I also have a video of the tree falling from my daughter but we're trying to figure out how to edit it as it's quite long.
Today's phone camera capabilities are amazing, so easy to take top quality pics and vids.
Also great for taking before and after pics of jobs for references later

Back