The Official Work Pictures Thread

Is you wheel loader too large for some jobs? Lots of crane jobs? Do you crane out what you can't get the wheel-loader to? Would a mini and BMG help out the arsenal?

2 attachments...how many different size saws do you have? Do they all collectively make you more money compared to only half as many?

The wheel loader is priceless. Gets to 99.9% of the places we need it to. Super easy on grass and everything else. Great power. Folks rave about minis but Im very happy with a wheel loader. I've seen an r520 with a grapple on it moving and chipping brush, wasn't any faster than the grapple bucket but the op was sketchy.

I have 3 sizes of saws but saws are obviously easy to transport relative to loader attachments. The loader is a man lift, winch, grapple, broom, mat carrier, tree pusher and puller, stump grindings nuker, wood mover and loader, bulldozer, small crane, brush grapple, brush dump truck when loaded manually, chipper stuffer, chipper and trailer mover, etc. We'd struggle without it's man lift capability. $ for $, it's more valuable than a bucket truck

I can't believe the guys that sit way up there, swinging left and right, no seatbelt. 12'+ is a long fall to the ground!

Man, Stig... Some huge son of a Beaches! Raddest pics. I wanna learn to cut like you guys, cause the saws gobble wood so hard when yer runnin the tiny little bars with full house chain like you guys do. Super fun to cut that way, I just suck at it.

Rich: Rad pics. This is the coolest thread.

The oiler can keep up easily with shorter bars.

Big fat tree... itty bitty notch.

That was the only way to keep a sound hinge.
Any further in and it would have been compromised.

Cory, that was a half mile from a village school, not boondocks at all.

Cory, could you please post some pics of your wheel loader? And your grapple bucket? I don't know how i haven't noticed it if you have posted some before.

Poplar stumps around a football pitch today and tomorrow, luxury! Jeans and trainers.

Felled 4 years ago so the consistency of a stale biscuit.

Grind ’em down, then run across the top of the grindings with the flail.

Barely breaking sweat.

Attachments

• 3B7E4E48-5109-4585-9B79-4237DA2E7C7E.jpg
    3B7E4E48-5109-4585-9B79-4237DA2E7C7E.jpg
    440.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 1F0E62BD-E6F1-4AEE-84B5-9F6042105135.jpg
    1F0E62BD-E6F1-4AEE-84B5-9F6042105135.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 48
Poplar stumps around a football pitch today and tomorrow, luxury! Jeans and trainers.

Felled 4 years ago so the consistency of a stale biscuit.

Grind ’em down, then run across the top of the grindings with the flail.

Barely breaking sweat.

I wish I could do that with stump grindings!

Awww...As much as I hate Phoenix,if you are going to have them as part of the landscape I really like them with all the ferns on the trunk , why did they want it all cleaned off?
They look so sterile now.

Nice pics Stig, what’s it going for? Did you run the 500i on any of those?
That’s definitely a lot of Cube in3 days!!

Rich you use a grapple bucket, do feel at a disadvantage not have a dangle grapple?

Not answering for Rich but I would say it depends. Wide open spaces a grapple bucket works but confined yards or just normal yards a dangle is king. For me it's dangle all the way IMO their advantages are superior.

As Rajan said, it depends. At work all we have is a grapple bucket. We’ve learned how to use it. I can still drag long sections out of a narrow area but it’s tedious. Also much harder to feed a chipper in tightish areas. I have the BMG on my mini for my “side work” as well as access to a grapple bucket for the skid steer. Let’s just say the skid steer stays home a lot. The mini can’t compete on wide open jobs and especially if it’s large wood. I’m contemplating a grapple bucket for the mini because it would be awesome for some jobs that the dangle sucks at. Raking piles or short pieces come to mind. Also I’m trying to talk the boss into buying a dangle for a skid steer. I really want both, for both machines.

Few from last week, 90ish foot pine and smaller oak with back lean overprimaries

20190914_094606.jpg

20190914_094941.jpg

20190914_131320.jpg

20190914_110919.jpg

Not sure what the actual mech advantage was, but pulled both of em over without breaking a sweat.

My little cmi pulleys were ok, anyone have a suggestion for a good set of 4s/ double pulleys fir bigger pulls?

Back