The Official Work Pictures Thread

Here are some more, unlikely I will be working on them, got enough for my existing client and friends.
Pretty epic though...

Attachments

• 20190925_082345.jpg
    20190925_082345.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 20190925_082322.jpg
    20190925_082322.jpg
    411.4 KB · Views: 56
God, what a mess.
Get somebody to spring for a ticket and I'll come over and be your wing man.
I have about 2½ full years under my belt, dealing with stormthrown trees.

Yea, I know that isn't going to happen, but you can't fault a feller for trying:lol:

That said, I would have loved to come work with you.

...and still be able to wedge her over.

150 foot tree with buildings and other non forestry crap near by.

Just my take on the never ending: " Wedges versus pullrope" discussion; yep a pullrope and a skidsteer is a fine thing, some wedges and knowing how to fall trees work fine, too:D

And a whole lot faster 9 times out of 10. Super flattered that you went out of your way for me Stig.

Fiona: Wow. Craziness. Mayhem. Keep yer wits about'cha o.k.?

Another day of hazard removals. This one received a quick change of plans. I had a throw line set and as I was pulling my climbing line up, I could feel the ground moving beneath my feet. Called for the 462 and yanked my gear out of it. Quick phone call to the city arborist to let him know what had to happen.
8EE54E44-C255-490F-AA71-E4425D037F58.jpg 12129C4F-10DD-4A6D-926E-0627584557B1.jpg 56CDEDDC-2E19-47EE-BA83-819DFB4B9BAF.jpg
I was able to get it to go about 45* from it’s natural lay. Not quite as much as I had hoped but way more than enough to keep it out of traffic. Two guys held traffic for me while another assisted as my spotter. He did his job well.

Thanks. It was the only call to make. Just happened to be next on my list. Another day and it could’ve been down on its own ( or could’ve stood for another hundred years). It was difficult to clean up. Took out more trees than I would’ve liked but better than going to the natural lay and reaching the roadway. Here’s one more picture I took before going up the next one. The natural lay was just to the right of where the chipper is. It would’ve reached across all four lanes and into the lines across the street.
7CC32B65-6CDE-46EF-A6B2-6E4EBF72943E.jpg
The idea is to preserve as many trees as possible. Took out 4 trees that were substantial when it went. If it would’ve followed all the way it would’ve only got two. I didn’t want to take the time or added risk to use a guy line. It was morning rush hour when we stopped traffic. The short time it took backed them up bad enough. Identifying the hazard while on site pretty much made it so I couldn’t risk it falling with traffic moving.
And yes it was unstable ground Mick. A very light breeze and we could feel the ground heaving as the tree swayed.

I wish I could have a treehouse crew out here...way more work around than I can do on my own in the time I've got!
But man, I'm struggling with the heat and humidity I have to say, frozen Camelback every day, two shirts...sheesh it was still winter in Oz when I left!

Well done, Rich. Great pice of business there.

Fiona...I bet all of us wish we could be there to help out, that's the truth. Take especial care...working that sort of trees is always dangerous.

So far I haven't had to do anything big or nasty, two almost horizontal trees today one on top the other, all Tangled in vines, but clear as you go, bit by bit, they both on the ground safe now. One was a bda cedar, they are going to make something out of it as it has a bit of size, beautiful colour, almost violet, and the smell!!!!
Avocados everywhere, they must have been raining down, my mum has like a dozen in her fridge, people giving them away.

Back