The Official Work Pictures Thread

Looked like the small one was resting on the big one, and when the big once fell, the small one's hinge started to bend. Both swung back under the tree. Correct?

Here's a job I did this morning. The customer was quoted a retarded price for what I did, citing their lift wouldn't "reach" from the back lane and they'd have to rent a bigger one which was where most of the price would go. Unless their lift was a scissor lift I really don't know what they were talking about. I was also blown away that an established tree company didn't have someone that could've climbed this tree.

I know some of you guys like your tree vids short and sweet. I'm halfway there with this one. I should've watched the vid as I played/recorded the E-drums but it's kinda funny where some of the drumming ended up anyway.

Low flying cut and chuck with no shortage of one handing.

20190728_100518_resized.jpg
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gXIdu5ZLclc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ryan, that one you were having to swing three times, around 0:20...FWIW, sometimes IF you can lever the branch off your leg or the tree itself (can be one-handed), you can push down on the butt, fulcrum-point in the middle, popping the tip up a bit, and then throw it to the side with the butt toward or away from the fence, with less shoulder-work.

Remember, well-established tree service X doesn't hang here, like you.

Don't mistake well-established for skilled, nor small-fry as inadequate.

What kinda height couldn't they reach?

Maybe 15-20' horizontally and 25' vertically from the back alley. Could be a little boom off the back of a retired phone company truck I suppose. Thanks for the tip on the throwing.

When I face the same PITA again and again, I ask how I can do it differently, or use to my advantage.

I had a Port Orford Cedar on the corner of a house, laying on the roof. Rather that clear the whole bottom at the beginning, I left the limbs over the roof, and cut a wedge around the tree. The rest of the limbs above rolled off the low limb to the grass without rigging or much handling.

Cutting top limbs to fall on the bottom limbs lets them come to rest. Sometimes you can cut a bunch of limbs, letting them fall onto lower limbs, prune the stubs, hang the saw, throw to the drop-zone, and onto the next set.

Always clearing out a path for stuff to fall is only helpful when you want stuff to free-fall. For that matter, a roped piece coming fully free Every time is not always ideal, especially is self-lowering.

Nice work Ryan. I would have used the roof for a DZ, by accident.

40C today. Stump grinding in Paris, I was supposed to do milling in Branchton but the fu'kin 088 wouldn't start, even after I bought a damn new 36" bar for it.

20190729_102123.jpg 20190729_102123.jpg

I wouldn't say boiling, but taking the gas cap off there was a fair bit of spray. I got the second one going, back at the shop, but it shortly did the same. :(

Too hot in the shade.

Nice end to the week.

Large pine (goes up further than it looks in the photo)

Sprinkler system everywhere, no room for the trailer so had to bring the wood out to the road.

Truth be told easy enough..

Attachments

• E951C594-F3E4-4957-9FD8-4AA9C39789A3.jpg
    E951C594-F3E4-4957-9FD8-4AA9C39789A3.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 8E19E320-2D44-4E55-BD23-59D1E85C57CF.jpg
    8E19E320-2D44-4E55-BD23-59D1E85C57CF.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 54
  • B12FE77E-BB76-4764-BD80-80E0D87D2BAA.jpg
    B12FE77E-BB76-4764-BD80-80E0D87D2BAA.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 51
Removed a leader on an Elm yesterday. Finally got to use a port a wrap which my brother fabbed for me years ago. He ran the ropes for me and was impressed to see his tool in action. He was less impressed with some of the limbs I sent down for him to fight with.:P

Elmtrim1.jpg Elmtrim2.jpg

Short vid of the job.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HdvDs1jKjCw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Awesome tee-shirt! Yea, my groundies would shudder in fear when I called for the 3/4" line to rig a limb...

These need to go. Construction.

IMG_20190801_155625798.jpg

Banged out three rounds of limbing/ chipping. Minimal drag. Mulching the remaining trees in the droughty, sunny, mulchless slope.

IMG_20190801_154746503.jpg

Fair bit of nice cedar logs. Minimal dropzone for logs.

Neighbors are retired from multiple lawsuits. Customer said they will expect compensation for any damages. I said, let's not break stuff. Neighbors utility bill is right and the property line on far side of driveway.

IMG_20190801_154732902.jpg

Orange come on right is by the neighbor's utility box.
IMG_20190801_173705956.jpg

Back