The Official Work Pictures Thread

Yes and yes, thanks Rich.

Cedar is a great tree to dismantle, branches drop flat and predictably, he got the hang of running it quite quickly on the RC3000, he picks stuff up quick anyway, once he understood why, he made a point of doing it right.

Good stuff.

Nothing like a well oiled machine (read - Intune and knowledgeable ground staff who work together) to get the big rigging jobs done smoothly.

Looking forward to see some of the video if you get a chance.

Wow, just huge, what saw cut it down? What did you use to move the trunk? Interesting how the bark looks like oak. I know nothing of cedars other than juniper.

I’ll confess, this job needed SRT, I had a few descents/ascents over the two days and the trunk was too big just to run up with the spurs and flipline.

So I got the two groundies on one the end of the lowering rope, put the other end onto my harness and got them to pull me up, with me taking up the slack every meter on my climbing line.

Once I’m up there Drt is fine, moving around isn’t an issue.

Today's crispy ash take down. First real sunny day in CT. The bark was coming off as layers of skin. Single rope up, double rope down. before.jpg after.jpg skin.jpg

It looked like you had room to just drop it, optical illusion? Hope you charged the hell out of them for waiting so long!!!!

The nice if you look from far lawn was not supposed to get hit so we rigged enough to have 40 ft left then I dropped the trunk in the woods. The client does not care if the rounds stay there. Ash is relatively easy to split so I can come back any time and get fire wood or I can let it rot. I bid this ash tree last year when it still had some leaves but signs of EAB, amazing what a year does.

Agreed. It seems basically all the ash died around here in 1 year. It's crazy

Yup. Also I see a lot of them break off below 20’. Do a thorough inspection of the base. I’ve never seen it but certain companies are claiming failures while the trees still have epicormic growth. Everyone in our company knows they can turn the climb down if they feel it’s unsafe. I still climb many of those but that is getting less and less.

I never have room to drop something, this 48" cottonwood was fun. Barely fit next to the fence, but it did. Holy carp rotating pictures lol.

20190513_130708.jpg

20190513_130126.jpg

20190513_184058.jpg

Back