The Official Work Pictures Thread

Nice pics Stig, what’s it going for? Did you run the 500i on any of those?
That’s definitely a lot of Cube in3 days!!

Local mill. Nice for once to make logs that are not shipped to China.
I used the 500i on all but the biggest falling and bucking cuts.
I'm liking that saw moe every day.

As Rajan said, it depends. At work all we have is a grapple bucket. We’ve learned how to use it. I can still drag long sections out of a narrow area but it’s tedious. Also much harder to feed a chipper in tightish areas. I have the BMG on my mini for my “side work” as well as access to a grapple bucket for the skid steer. Let’s just say the skid steer stays home a lot. The mini can’t compete on wide open jobs and especially if it’s large wood. I’m contemplating a grapple bucket for the mini because it would be awesome for some jobs that the dangle sucks at. Raking piles or short pieces come to mind. Also I’m trying to talk the boss into buying a dangle for a skid steer. I really want both, for both machines.

The BMG Scoops are every handy raking piles.

@ Ruel. Good looking pictures. Did you use the ring instead of a pulley or was it the only "pulley" like device you had left? I have used a couple CMI pulleys too and they worked great for this application.

Nice Ruel. Lotta Pull.

Some pictures of today's oaks...

I barely climb... There's Mike the Foreman and Angel Journey man and 3 rookie climbers... I'm the ground man.

We all clean and chip.

My little cmi pulleys were ok, anyone have a suggestion for a good set of 4s/ double pulleys fir bigger pulls?

I got a Rock Exotica prusik minding double pulley (kinda big) and a Rock Exotica double rescue pulley with bearings. Works for me, 5:1 is awesome, can feel the rope stretching and the tree bending.
If I had to buy again and wanted to save a few bucks, I’d probably get these from Camp. Shop around and you might find a better price. Camp makes nice stuff, and you probably won’t find double pulleys at that price unless it’s Chinese junk.
For another 20$ each, you can get the Pro model of them. I believe the difference is bearings vs bushing.
https://www.moosejaw.com/product/camp-usa-dryad-double-pulley_10308560

223AB28E-0F9F-4FEE-A547-E17766B8C68F.jpeg

My little cmi pulleys were ok, anyone have a suggestion for a good set of 4s/ double pulleys fir bigger pulls?

I've setup a very effective 5:1 using the ISC Heavy Duty 5/8" doubles, a 100' piece of 5/8" Polydyne, a sturdy Prussik of Ultra-Tech cord and an ISC steel biner. I'll usually progress capture my main line on the POW, and then have the 5:1 connected to my Masdaam w/a Zeppelin Bend (allowing me and my groundie to effectively pull over some sizable stems).

I caught every piece on sale, and put it all together for about $260 (Tree Stuff for the hardware, rope came from the clearance section from that other site in the PNW):

https://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=209&item=1998
https://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=127&item=1675
https://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=30&item=419

Cool, Deva.

Beergeek, polydyne usually isn't good for MA... a static rope can be better, if you have 2 people.

Tight grain.
One limb, from below the super-long ago topping cut, brush and wood.

IMG_20190918_190421527.jpg IMG_20190919_101735580.jpg IMG_20190918_191546721.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190918_113338987.jpg
    IMG_20190918_113338987.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20190920_164524805.jpg
    IMG_20190920_164524805.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 52
Looks more like a welder didn’t like its spot on the truck so it left. Looking from my phone it appears to have a bit of liquid running out on the road

lol my guys get so pumped when there is a porta potty on site

Bathrooms yes... the AC is not even felt... it's pretty hot actually about 20' up... we tried to keep the doors propped open.. but security kept checking in on us... I just tried to be friendly.

Got to see the pics on a big screen. Wild urban treework, Deva. Ruel, what are the black tubes partially covering the primaries?

View attachment 95685

Not sure what the actual mech advantage was, but pulled both of em over without breaking a sweat.

We can't see all the system, but I'd say 7 x 3 =21, minus the friction. About what can gives you the Maasdam with a pulley.

As Rajan said, it depends. At work all we have is a grapple bucket. We’ve learned how to use it. I can still drag long sections out of a narrow area but it’s tedious. Also much harder to feed a chipper in tightish areas. I have the BMG on my mini for my “side work” as well as access to a grapple bucket for the skid steer. Let’s just say the skid steer stays home a lot. The mini can’t compete on wide open jobs and especially if it’s large wood. I’m contemplating a grapple bucket for the mini because it would be awesome for some jobs that the dangle sucks at. Raking piles or short pieces come to mind. Also I’m trying to talk the boss into buying a dangle for a skid steer. I really want both, for both machines.

Btw, further on this topic, root rake grapples seem to be awesome what little Ive seen them in action. Much more aggressive than an industrial grapple bucket due to the tines. I would get one because I think it would do everything that the IG bucket does and would probably be better at many of them except for one- loading stump mulch and other very small debris. Rich do you guys also have a root rake grapple?

We’ve got three of them. I just drew the short straw and got the grapple bucket. The root rakes are a lot better for raking limbs into a pile and if you do get a bit of dirt you can shake it out before getting to the chipper. My guys and I have gotten real good at the grapple bucket and not getting dirt. The nice thing is no one else steals my grapple bucket the days that I don’t need a machine.

Back