The Official Work Pictures Thread

Sweet commute today, less than 500 feet from my couch. Rotten base oak, headed for neighbors house. Sideways pics just for you Butch!

20190913_094859.jpg [

ATTACH=CONFIG]95590[/ATTACH]

20190913_094830.jpg

Attachments

• 20190913_094749.jpg
    20190913_094749.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 38
I had a job once where we never left the boss's driveway, just stopped halfway down and cut his trees. One broke a waterline from root pressure.

I meant the reason the tree was removed was because the roots broke a water line from growing over the years, not us cutting it down

A new, key, tree job parameter has been introduced: Distance From Couch! :drink:

I've got one coming up that'll be ~100' from my couch. Just waiting on cool weather. Won't pay anything aside the fun in doing it, but that's payment enough.

I wouldn't say that regarding my real job. I especially hate setting up the instrument, and the various electronic crap for the robot. That's the easiest part of it, and the part I least like doing. I sometimes wonder if I'd be burned out on tree work had I chosen that as a profession. As it is, it's how I have my fun. I like everything about it, and wish I had more opportunities. Even sharpening chains, which is probably the worst part, isn't so bad.

What I said isn't 100% true anyway. Pretending I know nothing about tree removal, it would cost me money to have someone come in and do it, so I guess I'm getting paid whatever that would cost($500?). I'll also get paid in heat from the wood.

Sharpening chains is at least something where you can get an appreciable different in performance. Changing oil and greasing stuff, intellectually, you know it's exactly what a machine needs, but operates the same before and after.

Another local company allowed me to demo the BMG rake/broom. Worked nice. Tore the grass up a bit but it was also the type of grass that is cut real short and has next to nothing as a root system. I think it turned out good for felling 6 decent sized ash into one area
FEE484C9-D9EB-40DF-A51E-33FC702EED0A.jpg 9BFEE397-C319-4D60-A708-469D37AE084A.jpg
Dropped and chipped a few dead fir trees as well. Heading back over after dinner to pick up the bobcat.

Easier said than done, but if you want to make a career outta treework, it's about the smartest thing you can do.

Had this dead 80' cedar. I canopy raised the neighboring cedar, went up top to consider a TIP in the live cedar. Wasn't much taller, and I would have had to take a small top, or catch it on a rope.

Decided to strip out some branches on the live cedar to tip the dead cedar into it, then pull the base out, and cut some millable logs.

IMG_20190911_133518383_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190911_131807891.jpg

IMG_20190911_133538946.jpg

IMG_20190911_134638495.jpg

IMG_20190911_134645666.jpg

That was pretty smart sean. Good job like the boxer. Ill have that attachment soon. Few more jobs.

Easier said than done, but if you want to make a career outta treework, it's about the smartest thing you can do.

I agree . Im trying myself bud. Climbing for a tree services for dollors a hour sweating like hell for the owner got old in 6 mths. I said well chit i can do that. So i try. Its hard fun work though. I don't mind it to much.

Sean, can you tell from August's vids which grapple is 'the best'- the dangle bmg like you have or the fixed (I think) vermeer?

Nice pics.

Back