The Official Work Pictures Thread

treebilly;812619 I'm pretty proud of the hinge since I was staring up at the crown most of the cut. I hope Jed approves;)[/QUOTE said:
Exactly. The sloppiest hinge looking up, beats the tar out of a pre-set corner-gazer, all day long. There's many a timber-cutter with a re-adjusted cranium who'll tell ya the same.

Dang. Both Riches rockin it on both sides of the ocean. BIG! stinkin Linden, Biggun.

Sam: Beautiful stuff as always.

Stephen: Dang... as always.

Jay: What an unbelievable job. That's men's work all stinkin day long. (If not a hair-bit into the night.)

Thanks guys.

Tim,
I didn't show the one we pulled in a photo. The one in the pic had to be pieced out aided by a crane. Maybe four or five tons leaning on the roof it seemed. I wondered if a D8 could have pulled it back the other way and then flopped it on the field that was there. Anyway no D8 and the neighbors don't get along I was informed. An acorn producing Sawtooth Oak, quite abundant in these parts and a very heavy wood, mostly what the Bears like to feed on. Into pullers, I have four. A three quarter and a ton and a half endless wire rope Tirfors, a Maasdam, and one of those Wyeth whatchamacallits that some folks here also have and they say will go up to two tons. I enjoy figuring pulling arrangements, making what first seems impossible in the beginning to get worked out somehow. Cranes often, but they take all the money when they leave. :( The only down side of pullers besides the time running around to set up, is the time again involved in getting all the lines wound up neat and back in the truck when finished. Sometimes I think I'd like to have a bigger Tirfor like Dave mentions he has, but those suckers are heavy. Even the ton and a half is a lug and the cable is more so. A GRCS is on my wish list for sure.

Yeah, Gary, various dead Pines around that place, that one on the roof appeared to have been long gone. Still a big tall dead one standing behind the place. Need to get Willie over here to do one of those folding flops.

Started this beauty today....got 3-1/2 hours in and found bees...in that horn on the right. I was working my way back, cutting firewood chunks, pushing/tossing them between primary/phone/TV/guy wires, when I cut right through the hive. It was cool, and I never saw a bee until I sliced it open. When I gave the bid, a guy from the power company told me there would be no problem getting the two guy lines (top two in the foreground) dropped, and the TV guy told me they could drop the TV line (bottom in the foreground). When I got ready to do the job....it was a different story. Both balked, so I just worked around all the wires. Bailed for the day...we'll go back and finish in the morning when it's cool and the bees will be gone or dormant.

Wonder why they changed their tune? Maybe they wanted to be nice and drop the lines to help you out, but when they got back to headquarters their bosses said to forget it... That's why they are the bosses.

Trimming live oaks and dropped this toasted toad (blue oak) between that maple and garage on left, you can see the shadow ;)

HO was very happy, oak was leaning right at there "prized" lol maple but I got it away and over enough so no damage ...you can see how high of a cut I did on that trunk, then fell it as well...

002.jpg

Jay, that was totally cool. I love a good rigging story. Funny how when we can wrap our head around something and know enough about rigging, a lot gets done more reasonably than the alternative.

Geeeeeez Scott... Beauty :lol:

Great pics AND rig!

Cut off some lower limbs on 3 monster-for-me spruces. Guess they were pokin' everyone in the eye. Left a few stubs that had signs of being a perch for a squirrel while they did what ever they do. I don't know if it's just me, but I've noticed if I cut off such a perch, they seem to make 3 more, peeling bark and eventually killing the limb. Is it just me?

IMG_20161011_120916.jpg

It's just you. No stubs!:D

I like Paul always had more of a lack of drivers rather then empty seats to fill. But. I will say that truck isn't bad.......................................for a Chevy. :evil:

Not a stub.... a perch. ;)

I'm amazed at how many same sex animal rescue low carbon foot print environment saving customers I get. They want more sun for their herbs but don't want to cut the tree down and they know every animal and where they hang out on a tree. What's a guy to do if he's gettin' paid for it?!?! :D

I like that truck but could do with out the crew cab.
I think you're the only one Peter. Nice to leave the perch though.
IMG_1263.jpg
The young guy on my crew dropping his first tree that has any real size or targets. I'm closely supervising his felling since we have a narrow easement and houses are the targets. He's getting better. Still has a hard time with making a level cut though.
IMG_1264.jpg
A couple of beech that he dropped. Kept them nice and tight. I figured Stig would like to see some beech pics:)

He cut 90% of the trees on this job so far. It's been a big confidence booster for him I think

Back