The Official Work Pictures Thread

Chris... Thanks for the shot... big tree. Say... why do you guys run the porty up so high on the stem?

Tom: Beautiful, man. Beautiful. :thumbup: Thanks.

Grendel: Same.

A good run of pictures.

Not a bad day here, removal of a rotten cherry tree in the front garden, single limb to come off a Pine tree, small self seeded Syc to make go away and an ailing Horce Chestnut to RJ.

Typical UK residential job. Picture is after the reduction. Tree was being reduced as there were quite a few large old wounds within the crown and bad unions.

Whether you agree with this type of work or not. It pays the bills and it is pretty standard over here.

The big lump bottom left of the crown was the guy I was working with. He did the front bit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 68
b0e91bd8219124e78e6dae686013cf92.jpg

Spent a few hours this morning swinging a sledge.

I'm a little sore this afternoon.

Stump shots from today....

O.k... now you're just making me mad.

I just pruned two Red Cedars and a Japaneese Maple today, while my friend had a glorious Fir removal. :X

Man, those stumps are the stuff of legend. Musta smelled good too.:X

Here you go, Dennis, especially for you!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RmZdvVnMXCc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't envy you either. You do know that you can rent an electric jack hammer right?
Nice stump shots Grendel. One looks like you overcut quite a bit but I'm not gonna judge.
Glad I left my phone in the truck today Jed. I had some textbook stump shots and was to lazy to get my phone out of the truck. That or I wanted an excuse to not answer when the boss called. I'm telling you that the stars were alighned today. Even while blocking wood down and undermining the COG were beautiful. And to top it off, they all landed flat.

I'm singing some George Straight in my head right now Jed:lol:

Looks like good hinge wood for certain in that species... White pine?

Rich... that looked like a bugger of a mess to sort out man. Good job.

Little view from my office today in a tall grove of ponderosa. Took the top at about 180'. 200 foot climb line and ground man told me I had about 20 on the deck. All these trees were green 2 months ago.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vfKZxWwURXk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

haha, yeah Rich, I nipped that one as she was going over. I don't know why I do that. There's no reason to. Like face it up and put it there right? No, I tend to stay in the cut and try to monkey with the direction as it's going over. . . :|:

Thanks Jed, you rock man.

That was a long drop for that top, Stephen....you do some very tall trees.

Tree from today...original plan was for me to climb to about 40 feet and cripple the tree....make face cut, back cut and get down...then pull out the top.

I set my pull line at about 60 feet (thanks APTA)...while tightening it up I didn't like how the tree acted. So we changed the plan...put a redirect on a tree and used Bobcat T300 to pull the top. Slowly increased the pull and was able to break about a 40' top out of the pine...very glad that worked and I didn't have to use the original plan. I overcut one side of the hinge...chasing the cut

I then spiked up the spar and put pull line at about 40 feet. Felled the spar with help of bobcat. I have some video I'll try to upload tomorrow.

Attachments

• Jason pine  (1) RESIZED.jpg
    Jason pine (1) RESIZED.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Jason pine  (2) RESIZED.jpg
    Jason pine (2) RESIZED.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 76
  • Jason pine  (3) RESIZED.jpg
    Jason pine (3) RESIZED.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Jason pine  (4) RESIZED.jpg
    Jason pine (4) RESIZED.jpg
    416.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Jason pine  (5) RESIZED.jpg
    Jason pine (5) RESIZED.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 77
Some nice crisp hinges and shiny saws there :)

Jed the tree wasn't legit "big" but thanks, I'll take the compliment. As far as having the porty up high it's probably just pure groundy randomness more than anything else...

That went slicker than a frogs belly

That feral pig was a tall one Stephen!!..looks like you almost planted that top back in the ground......bet those bark beetles felt that one ;)

Good plan Gary. Good that you went with your gut. Nice to have a skid steer there. We'll be opulling apart be for too long here.

Scott, the tops were about all landing like lawn darts. The first top off that tree I did a spear cut on.I had a small hole between trees and Jason was in one of them stripping it out. Primaries on one side. So straight down she went. Then that one. Tilt it and the weight and aero dynamics straightened them out before they hit. 5for 5.
Logs mostly laid flat. 10-12 foot long log went a triple it seemed. You just watch it asking... I wonder how many revolutions that was.

Great job there Stephen!

Ive had many small dead golden tops do the same, not much weight to them dried up toad legs.

Back