The Official Work Pictures Thread

...this tree was about a foot off the roof.....she wanted to extend her house forward over the "tree". Dumbass if u ask me. She got the deal of the century. That last picture is Evan dumping a log and busting the water main to house...Haha. Now Deva and the 2 Guats ard digging sand at 6pm on the third day. Oh the good times. I was the 3rd Chapín. Self loader friend at the time loaded up the wood and took it somewhere....maybe to the mill. Berry's Mill is out that way.....

It's a beautiful area Guerneville, Duncan Mills, Rio Nido and Monte Rio......lots of really rich, really poor, hippies, burly bears and meth heads. Huge trees and no one has the money to do anything about it.....tons of old tweaked out climbers lurking the shadows still wearing spurs.....klink klink klink. Sniff.

That's funny.... I'm pretty unobservant in general and just figured that it was you in the one pic with the rope pull. I was like, "oh no! He's gonna 'Joe-poke' that one!" Funny that it was your friend, poor guy. In our shop it's (the dreaded Joe-poke) considered the one impermissable sin in Fir and Cottonwood removal. That sucks about you poor Guatemalans having to dig up the main. Sounds like a bit of a nightmare job.

Man, you can WRITE! Your last paragraph really reminds me of John Gardener (author of Grendel)... especially the "klink klink klink. Sniff." bit. I love the way you describe stuff..... that "Huge trees and no one has the money to do anything about it..." part is just beautiful, and makes me long for the Guerneville I've never been to. Hilarious commentary on a fallen world, really. All of us "tree dogs," longing for bigger trees to cut down and running out of big trees because we insist on always cutting them down. DANGIT! Vicious cycle! I wish I could go drink more now, but I'm at my limit. :(

Levi: That's some mean rot brother.

But to truly be like me... you would need, 1) A lobotomy 2) Alcohol, and 3) Jesus (In reverse order--I think.)

...And if it were a problem, well, discussing is the first step to understanding...

Btw, if and when you finally grow up, you probably won't want to do tree work then:whine:

Yeah, seriously man, I do think that it might be an actual problem. I distinguish between "grown-ups," (negative), and "adults," (positive). I never want to be a a "grown up," which I consider to be a boring and pragmatic person, but I very much do want to become an adult at some point, which I conceive of as a person who has grown out of childish tendancies.

I consider myself to be a vainglorious and avaricious person, and just feel like I'm feeding the monster. I might try pointing the finger in the opposite direction.... why don't you put up pics of your Beaches and Oaks?!! Why doesn't Jay put up more self-glorifying stuff? Yin and yang again? Man, I really tend to disagree with you Buddists about just about everything, but it seems like you guys are better Christians than I'll ever be on my best day. As for your, "it's all good," commentary/philosophy; man... I can only say that I vehemently disagree, and it all smacks of Buckin' Billy Ray stuff. Another Atheist who is a better Christian than I. Wait a minute!...... :/: What the Heck's goin on!

I consider myself to be a vainglorious and avaricious person, and just feel like I'm feeding the monster.
Jed, it sounds like you're a lot harder on yourself than anyone else is, including Jesus, but it's pretty refreshing. Most of us are just too prideful to do an honest self-examination.

Jed, it sounds like you're a lot harder on yourself than anyone else is, including Jesus, but it's pretty refreshing. Most of us are just too prideful to do an honest self-examination.

+1

We're cool Jed. There is a bit of " look at me " in all of us. Why else would we do this line of work?
You're right Rich, I don't know anyone that doesn't like to be appreciated for their skills. It's more than just the money. I usually like people watching, kind of like an underpaid NFL quarterback. That is, until I throw an interception. Then I'm looking around like "boy, I hope nobody saw that!".
Cool pics Willard!

No epic trees here just run of the mill work but plenty of it.
bad5e941df0a04a64c33f0945ef89b05.jpg

ead0ec86319ef1b9100002572ab394c1.jpg

0bfe09c0bc43e0230d55a3393028445e.jpg

As always good to read ya all!

hillbilly engineering on blocking a road at the fairgrounds.:/:

some of the day parking lot I set up and of the show Sat afternoon. can't tell from the pics, but the pavilion is solid audience as well as mostly full bleachers all the way around.

Attachments

• charlotte fest 2016 022.jpg
    charlotte fest 2016 022.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 66
  • charlotte fest 2016 023.jpg
    charlotte fest 2016 023.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 65
  • charlotte fest 2016 025.jpg
    charlotte fest 2016 025.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 64
  • charlotte fest 2016 026.jpg
    charlotte fest 2016 026.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 65
  • charlotte fest 2016 027.jpg
    charlotte fest 2016 027.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 68
  • charlotte fest 2016 028.jpg
    charlotte fest 2016 028.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 70
Back on the Bixler job in Grass Valley!

EMhlU3L.jpg

0aeOTK2.jpg

4k5vRHu.jpg

fIkvo4x.jpg

Climbed this P I G to set a zip line and an SRT line for Brian tomorrow....It was more than 2 ft in diam at over 100ft !

k9N3fBq.jpg

LZBYkJ7.jpg

Back