The Official Work Pictures Thread

Hey now...

Its on my list to figure.

Nice of you to help. That definitely would have sucked without a crane.

Pete!!

Jim: Thank you so very much for the extreme candor. You're a dear, good man. The drink's a toughy, man. Best of luck.

Grendel: What kind of phone is that... such beautiful stuff. Oh, is your 540 messing up, or... why the 201tcm? I hate mine almost as much as my life. I mighta hated my 540 a bit more though.

Ohio Rich: You crack me up, man.

Mick: Nice poplar.

Willie: Best work picks in a long, long time. You need to post more, man, er else you could wind-up like Cory. :O

Oh... Can you just email Jaime to pay for an Akimbo? I want one bad.

Well that's discouraging. I have many saws down at the moment and I just bought a 201TCM tonight :/:

Nothing wrong with the tc. Jed's still upset cause his is baby blue:O. I've had mine for about a year with only a minor issue. My air filter didn't seal properly. Put a dab of petroleum jelly on the seal and it works like it should. The oiler just quit last week but it's fixed now.

No. I've pulled it out to check it but it's clean. I haven't gotten around to messing with any of the m-Tronic saws much. I've got the tc, 2 362cm, and a 661. They all seem to perform quite well with out tinkering. The 201 is now out of warranty so I might open the exhaust a bit if I get some time.

Load chart said just under 1500. Imma chicken, starting off easy like till I get used to it. Bouncy sucker.

Seven-trunked Port Orford cedar/ Lawson's cypress removal and grind. 6 hours to strip it, top it at 5" and get two trunks off and bucked with three of us. Short drag and Arbor Trolley roll. Couple minor delays in there.

This tree is at the corner of the house. I left a wedge of branches over the house. I could free-drop the ones above onto this wedge, slowing them down, and ramping them away from the house, into the drop zone.

Luckily this is a soft wood, so after digging out lots of 4" black rock packed around the stump, it should go reasonably easily.

Attachments

• IMG_20170124_101334619.jpg
    IMG_20170124_101334619.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20170124_121618500.jpg
    IMG_20170124_121618500.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 41
Yeah I moved the saw when I walked past and told him about it. He was the youngster playing in the bobcat while I talked with environmental. And yes it's a mess. Got a few more to drop and chip tomorrow along with cleanup and erosion control. Then sending two guys to fell the last part of the ROW while the youngster and I set bridges and a chipping area for it. Two streams to cross which are basically road ditches but they treat them as major waterways. Nothing but fun.

Nice hinge wood on that Sam. For dead they sure hold moisture well. Gotta love them pines for that.

Back