The Official Work Pictures Thread

After a few removals I had to deal with this
C31BF7C8-F7F9-4E93-9AE4-5483ABD42C02.jpg
Nothing to bad. It was a border tree on a woodsline. Well the owner of the woods clear cut it. Tree was left exposed and lost quite a few sizable limbs. My customer want to retain the tree that has been sheltered. I did a bunch of end weight reduction for him. This ole maple is in bad shape. The customer and his wife are approaching 90. They told me that they have a bet with that tree on who will live longer.

FA6AA157-C041-4235-8D6D-883AF62B6A56.jpeg 3D86975A-B8BC-4703-AA12-2DB6D163F530.jpeg
Nice little leaning elm from yesterday morning. There were a lot of old stress wounds on the tension side of the spar and leads. The big cherry behind was my tie in and will be removed soon. Just waiting on a ruling to decide who’s paying for it.

Hottest day off summer. Had 4.5 hours to work today, solo, just up from D's summer camp. Two trips to strip and chip. Up to about 12 yards of chips.

Another partial day to work Wednesday, with the mini. Buncha maples to go.
Going to haul the cedar for milling.

Need to turn my echo oiler down, but couldn't find my little screwdriver.
Ran out of oil at 100'.

These are/ were both about 130'. One down to 80-90'.

IMG_20190805_150402203.jpg

IMG_20190805_150418901.jpg

IMG_20190805_155830223.jpg

IMG_20190805_155836916.jpg

Getting the oiler flow to match a tank of gas is something I try to get right during the first few tanks of gas. Even then, I avoid topping off the gas side since the saw may be used in positions where the line has trouble reaching what's left in the tank. I think there's a design flaw in the 2511t that prevents good oil pickup when the saw is used horizontally bar side up. I recently found in the manual it says to not fill the gas above something that I interpreted as the bulge in the tank where the flywheel is. That could account for a significant amount of gas.

Cooll job Sean... more pics!! For my part, I hate the new little Echo, eve (as I do with all of my top-handles) with the muffler. Just not enough saw imho. Now the 355t I really like. I'm especially loving the t435 from Husq.

Now,turning an oiler down?... That move I just can't get behind. Ever. For ANY reason. Period. Dumb, dumb, dumb, imho. Then again... it's been a really long time since I've had to work by myself.

Good on ya mate! :thumbup:

Chill, easy day.
Had 4 slings, 2 biners, 3-strand, gravity, wood fiber, and breeze to help.

Neighbors two doors down got their Shoreline Buffer Zone permit, to prune and remove some trees, and the custy requested a card for passing along.
Another shack, I bet;)

I've got an Ogre.

Cedar is reasonably light.

Full single truck-width gravel driveway to drop into (don't cross the property line, hit the power box with wood, or the shed).

I've figured out part of the Olympia factor... The a Evergreen State College doesn't give out grades. Students write a self-evaluation, teachers give an eval. People, whether they graduate or not, stay around Olympia.

I've been told be a musician, every third person in Olympia was a musician. Heard of Nirvana, Olympia, not Seattle.

Somehow, yesterday's applicant, not a greener, couldn't find the jobsite. His GPS quit working. Couldn't manage. Asked for the jobsite address a third time, while in the phone, after two tries and not making it.

Everything started going smooth and easy after I told him it wasn't going to work out, and I moved on with production.

One thing I'd worry about re solo is civilians wandering near the DZ. Innernet proves if something can go wrong it will.

Only three hours onsite.

Got the loader and plywood unloaded and set up.

Popped off a log. Second one I wasn't 100% in undercutting the COG, and didn't want to try to have it work right, so I descended, and set a pull rope. Pulled over the spar as big as possible double-cut with a 28" bar.
3-13' logs on the trailer, plus whatever above those that didn't get out through the chipper.

A 13' butt log, and 2 more 13' logs from the spar, 3' of waste. She wants high stumps.

IMG_20190807_152555357.jpg

IMG_20190807_155110591.jpg

IMG_20190807_155125852.jpg

Bit of side lean, toward power box, nbd.
Little more near on the tension side.
Remnant kerf from plunging into face and wedging it apart, blowing off one side of the
Face, leaving a flat pounding surface to blow out the other side.
Ended up with a bit of a gap-face on the tension side.

The micro-skidder style rake I had built for my bucket is on from beforehand. Useful on occasion.

One thing I'd worry about re solo is civilians wandering near the DZ. Innernet proves if something can go wrong it will.

You can only do so much. Rural property.
Homeowner at home, with kids, 'supervising'.
"Stand clear!", Not 'headache'.
A dozen cones blocking it off.

Could happen.
I could have a lot bigger problems, more readily.

It's so chill working alone.
I do sometimes miss people with little experience second-guessing me, who does every technical thing, practically, nbd.
If I had a ninja, it could be wonderful.

I do miss repeating myself all the time... Not really.

Back