The Official Work Pictures Thread

That's quite a story. Interesting detective work you did.

Ask Magargal Sam, he's got photos of me pruning a 150 foot euc in Balboa Park's Japanese Gardens. Those photos should be part of the Union Tribune's archives as well, since Magargal was hamming it up with one of their women photographers at the time, right next to me in a crane basket 150 feet up.

Foot locking Sam, foot locking great distances.

Jomo
that's awesome,footlocking is a great past time for sure.
Thats all cool when they wanna pay extra for no spikes on the eucs but that said there are definitely some beasts that downright require the gaff ime. Ya the norfolks are like ladders lol definitely no spikes 👍💪👊

What does that type of thinning achieve? Does it just reduce the debris and shade? Make it more/ less windfirm?

Wind thinning, spiral pruning, windsailing pruning are common terms for what some people do up here in the PNW. Doesn't seem to prove out up here as useful for wind-firmness, unless maybe in the case of new wind exposure, like a new development clearing adjacent forest.

Ya I agree,pointless and stupid imo.
I just do what im there to do!

You'll never get any euc to hold a fine class one prune if yu gaff em Sam.

It does require alotta stamina n physical ability to do it without a bucket though.

Jomo

I'm guessing around 2200 Willie
Quite a job Jed. Not the same scenario but I always look at chains when I see a saw. The guys get upset if I won't use one they just "sharpened"

You didn't give us a chance to guess!

I had 3175 and 2600.....;)

Nice Cory, that was close. I didn't guess, my guys were 2100-2300.
I gave 2 posts to get your own numbers developed!

Nice Cory, that was close. I didn't guess, my guys were 2100-2300.
I gave 2 posts to get your own numbers developed!

You're suppose to give length n diameter Willie!

That way we can use the Green Log Weight Chart app n cheat!

Jomo

I don't want to break out a tape measure for every cut, I want to eyeball it and be close enough to be safe

Has it occurred to you yet that your own guesstimate being off by half a ton's an indication you should make use of all those tapes more often my friend?

Jomo

No, I just bought a scale so I won't need to measure every cut to ball park a weight. I didn't make a guess on those pieces as mentioned above. Maybe you could come teach me how. :dur:

Alright, it's time to close this thread as I think it has become corrupt.

Prepare for the new pic thread!!!

Back