Chainsaw collectors forum.

Magnus

TreeHouser
I thought i would let all know we changed server hotel and are now in a much better , faster and hopefully more stable hotel.

Some older members need to update profiles and emails.

For those of you who like old saws this place is a true experience. There is a bunch of collectors, chainsaw information and helpful members.

Library were you can add saws, look at others and find out what you have.
Saws, literature, talk of saws is what we love most.

I hope it runs smooth for a very long time now, moving this was not easy and I hope I never need to do it again.

I post here to inform sometimes as many members look here too as well as other places.
Mostly it is when forum is down, but now to bring happier news.

:)

... one of my customers has what I believe to be one of Husky's first top handle climb saws .... still runs and looks great... a little heavy by today standards but quite a leap forward from the Fanno #8.... he said his grandfather gave him the saw

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wasn't the 35 before the 34?

There was one before the Stihl 015 came out. I had a partner that looked the same as the one in your 34 link, got it after my 015 gave up. There was something before that. :scratch:

chainsaws 014.jpg

Not sure what that could be. It had to be before 1977 then...
This was interesting. Any chance it might be possible to see a pic of it?.

image0.jpg image0-002.jpg

Here is a few pics of a 1972 Frontier Mark 1 built at it's factory in Trail, British Columbia. It sold units all over the world [10,000 units sold in the first 5 months of production]. Then as the last photo shows as a Electrolux 1984 Pioneer/Partner.

That looks like it, maybe rebadged Husky here.

The last pic looks like the 35.

0.jpg

There several versions of the 35. First I think had white air filter cover and just 35 on starter decal.
The one posted here last is last version.

... okay to rephrase , I meant top handle as a true climber's saw ... Apparently this hit market 77 ... to me it looks like the true roots of the 334 , 335 ... even the Stihl 020T

Those little Frontier saws were sold under many different names. I have a bunch of those saws with different names,Frontier, Lombard, Skil, Jonsered are the ones I have . I don't even know why I keep them around none of them really run good and they are a pain to work on but I collect top handles and these are so small that they add some interest to my collection of top handles.

It is expanding very fast. The size of it is hard to imagine!

I never thought it would be this big in size.
There is over 5000 saws listed in different brands! That is a lot of saws...

I thought I would dust off this old thread a bit.
Tell you a bit of what has been going on the past 16 years since this thread started.
Forum started in 2003 on another forum. In 2005 I set up the place we have now and moving all the old forum was not possible so we started new and I saved as much as I could of cashed threads search engines saved. This was later posted in forum. We soon discovered there was a huge value in keeping information for future collectors we started to try and see if we could not save as much info and pics as we could.
As it was pretty pricey with internet hotel space back then much pics was on hosts like Imegeshack photobucket etc.
2007 Imegeshack closed the old pics we had on there since 2003. I saved a lot of pics but there was about 5000 posts without pics. Over the years we fixed a bit here and there so when photobucket in 2017 decided to make their pics only visible on Photobucket we lost another 50 000 pics. 5000 of these we already put on as attachments to posts and stored on forum by this time, but as size of forum now was a bit big and we had 45 000 pics on there already when we had to move to another server hotel. The job at hand was now to find and correct all these 45 000 pics we had on hosts and replace these dead links with attachments. It was a huge task to do and we are now about done.
Forums now not far from 100 000 wonderful chainsaw pics, all attached to forum so no matter what happens they are there as long as post and forum is there..
I see last post was a mention of models Library. There is now more forums in Library section and Models Library is now containing about 7000 saws in 2200 topics/models. A great start!

This is without a doubt the largest collection of chainsaw collectors and their pics known in universe!
A true pleasure to be part of this place were there is no drama, or arguing, just chainsaw fun!

If you wish to see some old or off saws I think Library is well worth a couple hrs to look thru.

Back