What harness and what do you like about it???

PCTREE

Treehouser
So what are you using day to day and what are your likes and dislikes???

I have been using a Sequai for 5 years or so and love how light it is and really like the flexibility of the web bridge. Peeves, leg loops are uncomfortable for hanging in it for long periods and the front buckle keeps loosening and is a PIA to tighten up.

Just picked up a New tribe Progear 2. After 1 day... Love the comfy leg loops and liked the fixed saw snaps but was unimpressed by the rest. Dont like the clutter of the TIP, belt hurts my hips. Like the concept of the suspender but dont like the reality of the chaffed neck. As said this is after just one day so maybe it will break in better....

I've been on the pro gear since 06'. No suspenders here. I tie into the D on the sliding bridge. One biner termination. It'll rotate if your used to a sliding bridge. Comfy all around for me. Have nothing to compare it to except a Nikosi, and I would prefer one at some point.

I have to have suspenders cuz I have noassatall. I'm currently rocking a Versatile, but I sure hate the weight.

Had an old master, then went back to big leather belt with two d's as a butt strap. I undo the belt and just walk away.

Nikosi here. I honestly like everything about it except the snap hooks that are located just behind the side D's. They will get hooked on the d's every once and a while. I have climbed on the Master, Glide, Butterfly, Sequoia, Petzl Navajo, Tengu and some old Weaver things. I like New Tribe the best but those Buckingham are a close second. I would love to try an Ergo some time. That might give the Nikosi a run for its money. It seems that I like the lower performance saddles probably because I am like a slough in the tree. Anything too fast and high performance just doesn't feel right on me. I like big, beefy and heavy saddles. Oh yeah, I also liked the Don Blair saddles.... Big, beefy and heavy.... just not as comfy for me.

I mostly climb in a Glide Deluxe. The Dee's are too small and they flip backwards all the time. I used to climb in my Cougar till the company dropped Weaver. The cougar was a much better saddle and the Dee's never flipped back. I did the liger conversion to both and having the rigging plates up front is a great improvement.

Recently I changed my ascending style and being able to shorten my bridge length was a quick yet only semi-permanent fix. I really like being able to replace the bridge cheaply too.

I have climbed in an Ergo, its a nice saddle but I wasnt impressed with the durability of it, the one I used was a year old and it was a bit ragged.

NT progear, Love it. Had a BF2 for a few years, it was an awesome lightweight feather weight saddle.
Also been in a Tengu new tribe too, for a few years. I think they either fit or work for your body type or not.
You really got to shop around and try friends' stuff if possible.

I had the first real test of the comfort of my new Pro-Gear II this week. Spent a couple of straight hours SITTING in the saddle pulling vines. :D
Couldn't have done that in any other saddle I ever tried ... and still walk right. ;)

I do confess, though, my old 4D butt strap saddle was good for holding stuff together after a night of beer and bad tacos ... TMI? :lol:

I do confess, though, my old 4D butt strap saddle was good for holding stuff together after a night of beer and bad tacos ... TMI? :lol:

:lol:

Now that my edge is liger'd (rope bridge with rigging plates) I'm really happy with it. My favorite thing is probably the elastic girdle thing you put on before you buckle up. It keeps it against your back and helps hold your core in. Kinda like a weight lifting belt on a much lighter duty scale.

Tree motion here, I love it. I like light weight, slim, sporty type saddles. Never been one to do a lot of sitting. I like moving about the tree at a decent pace when possible. Tried the sequoia, bf2, masters deluxe, glide 2, blair ultralight, weaver cougar, Navaho. The sequoia is my second favorite saddle and I'd still use it in conjunction with my TM, but little bro took it over for the time being.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So Ranger, what is it specifically that you like about the Treemotion above all the rest???

I've also heard that the TM isn't super durable. Any truth to that? I wouldn't want to pony up to buy one of those a year but I would like to give one a run sometime.

TM here, single best feature is freedom of movement, unsurpassed by any other harness I'v used. Lower side dees are good to, comfy enough to hang on.

FWIW I'v had mine 6 years, and it's still going strong. Not used every single day anymore, but had a good mix of tip pruning and dangling big saws.

Paul, I recently switched from the Sequoia SRT to the Treemotion. These are my thoughts.

Pluses: The Treemotion's suspension and attachment points at the bridge distribute the load much better. No matter which angle you twist to, support is very smooth.
Noticeably larger leg support pads offering better and more comfortable support.
Padding is removable and washable. Big plus.
Buckles stay in whatever position you set them.
Easily replaceable rope bridge. This area is much more open and uncluttered compared to the SRT Sequoia.
I like to wear my saddle low. This is a good saddle for that. It can be snugged up tight enough that it stays put, though I still use shoulder straps, and find for me, they are needed.
The wide back pad and the wide leg straps worn close together by keeping the leg strap suspension straps tight creates phenomenally good support when working a spar with the flip line attached to the bridge Ds as opposed to the waist belt Ds.

Cons: Pretty hard to get in and out of. The padding is somewhat sticky and the suspension straps and bridge create a bit of a maze when trying to slip a booted leg through.
Initial feel , due to the use of synthetic belting material and generic cut out manner, is cheap.
Adjustment straps are much too long and thought is required on where the heck to put them to keep them out of your way.
Too many points for tool attachment. It would be way to easy to overload this saddle and defeat its primary function of mobility.
Chainsaw attachment ring on back center. I'm not used to this. Maybe not a con for everyone.

Dave

Dave, I have a Caritool on each hip to clip the saw end of the saw strop too, the other end goes to the ring at the back so you can just clip the saw in on either side depending which side you were working on.

I do my thing in a Master Classic. Nothing special or fancy. But neither am I. I just put it on and roll. I spent my first 5 or 6 years is a Weaver fixed 4d with leg straps for the butt pad. Ive tried a few others. I never really sprung for anything over the top and fancy. In my tautline/hi-vee way of thinking, a good climber is a good climber. The saddle is just an accessory. Ive watched a lot of shitty climbers buy expensive saddles thinking it would give them a third nut in the tree or suddenly change their fear of height. My master classic feels good, isnt bulky, and hasnt let me out of the tree by accident yet, so Im probably gonna hang on to it until I have a reason not to. I do think the Glide II looks kinda cool.

Back