All RopeKnight - All The Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a sentence or few, what would you like it to do for you?

The reason I ask is because I have been amazed that some don't see more in the RK. I'm lazy, end product is what I want most. Job done, happy client, and check. The Rope Knight helps me with that.

Sorry for my late response...sending Husabud my info now. Thanks for making this available. I have a Bitternut Hickory in my yard that's swallowing my throw bag collection.

I have a lot of Cypress trees that I work which have so much dead matted brush that you could shoot a golf ball up in them and frequently have it not come down. Also Euc trees that have thrived in my area for 150 plus years have been hard hit by freezes and sent out thousands of suckers to get leaf area back up.

In those trees especially but, even just in tall conifers I love how the RK will come to the ground most of the time and when I have to pull it back, it will just snake it's way through.

Big shot use has a learning curve. 15 or 20 shots with the newer pinching type BS pouch had me doing consistantly better.

I can honestly say that I could have benefitted by having a RK on a particular walnut that ate two throw bags and lines. So much epi growth, a machete would have been welcome on the saddle for entry.

Last night I picked up the iPad and stuck my head inside the TH door to see what's up. Recognizing the Ropeknight brand I opened this thread to find Mr Bonner calling me out about this "favorite line setting device," something he clearly and personally endorses, saying Tobe doesn't like it so you won't find it at evil SherrillTree.

Ultimately it became clear through posted reviews that a number of "legit outdoorsmen" discovered the same two things I did several years ago when I investigated this item;
1. It's dangerous to throw a solid steel Torpedo (the original name) over your head, and
2. Thomas the inventor has difficulty with "NO."

SherrillTree has long since, in fact long before this thread, switched to steel shot in our mfg'd throw weights.

As for the "evil" reference I'll leave it up to reasonable minds to determine justification for painting one's adversary as the boogeyman. In my book it's only sensible to reject a product that's not fully baked, that's not widely appealing, or in this case, poses an unnecessary risk to users. I'm pretty sure the definition of evil would not include the company who declined profits over safety.

For over 30 years SherrillTree has served the fathers, sons and ladies of tree care with the utmost pride and humility. I sincerely love this industry and look forward to presenting the products arborists can count on as safe and productive for their work.

Best wishes and climb safe.

Tobe Sherrill

Thanks for the welcome guys. Capt'n Zero's mostly right, unless asked directly for my advice (or sometimes, spoken of unjustly) I don't weigh in much to these discussions. It wasn't that long ago that "retailers" doing anything beyond answering direct questions or responding with advice were run out of such forums on a rail, and rightly so imo.
Need something? Just ask. Pm or email a link is best.

TS
TCI silverback

Tbh I think he's right, suppliers of stuff have to tread very carefully on these forums.
Righting clear misinformation and answering direct questions is as far as it should go.

Luckily, one man or one company(sherril) doesn't speak for the whole of the industry. I prefer to let some of our customers speak for themselves. Tobe unfortunately has many of his facts wrong including referring to the original name as "torpedo"(TREEPEDO:)). Also, the RopeKnight it is not made of all steel, as the main components(RopeShields)are aluminium, the wt component is stainless steel and the protectors are vinyl or foam.
The one thing Tobe does have right is that our company does not take NO for an answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back