All RopeKnight - All The Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Dishonesty is to act without honesty. It is used to describe a lack of probity, cheating,[1] lying or being deliberately deceptive or a lack in integrity, knavishness, perfidiosity, corruption or treacherousness. Dishonesty is the fundamental component of a majority of offences relating to the acquisition, conversion and disposal of property (tangible or intangible) defined in criminal law such as fraud."

I like the knavishness and perfidiosity part!

All books are judged by their covers, until read.

Thomas,

How about this; I apologize for publicly sighting your difficulty with the word "no." The "judgement" was unnecessary. In addition, I'll go on the record saying the Treepedo glides through crotches and over branches exceptionally well, perhaps better than any other pointy steel object of similar weight that I've reviewed. However, those who choose to employ this rigid and pointed projectile, sometimes blindly, over the heads of friends, associates or customers are, imo, taking foolish risk.

After considerable time, shaping and testing of all sorts of impact absorbing projectiles (including conical) we came to the conclusion that the sphere is the best shape for throwline retrieval. And steel shot is the best (non toxic) shock-absorbing agent. The most enlightening discovery was, and anyone can test this for themselves, when pulling throw line from below and through a tight crotch "no shape larger than the line's diameter will sometimes pass," period. If you introduce a pointed shape you merely create a wedging effect. The best chance of passing through such an obstacle is to jump over and through a wider space, something a ball is built for. Another common and line-wrapping nightmare is the long and limber branch, the one that springs up and down in direct response to each attempt to pass over it. Here is where a sphere performs equally better than any elongated weight.

Five years ago we developed the Highball based on best knowledge and materials at our disposal. Soon customers are going to see a far improved model addressing both bounce absorbency as well as performance.

Cheers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Last night I picked up the iPad and stuck my head inside the TH door to see what's up. Recognizing the Ropeknight brand I opened this thread to find Mr Bonner calling me out about this "favorite line setting device," something he clearly and personally endorses, saying Tobe doesn't like it so you won't find it at evil SherrillTree.

Ultimately it became clear through posted reviews that a number of "legit outdoorsmen" discovered the same two things I did several years ago when I investigated this item;
1. It's dangerous to throw a solid steel Torpedo (the original name) over your head, and
2. Thomas the inventor has difficulty with "NO."

SherrillTree has long since, in fact long before this thread, switched to steel shot in our mfg'd throw weights.

As for the "evil" reference I'll leave it up to reasonable minds to determine justification for painting one's adversary as the boogeyman. In my book it's only sensible to reject a product that's not fully baked, that's not widely appealing, or in this case, poses an unnecessary risk to users. I'm pretty sure the definition of evil would not include the company who declined profits over safety.

For over 30 years SherrillTree has served the fathers, sons and ladies of tree care with the utmost pride and humility. I sincerely love this industry and look forward to presenting the products arborists can count on as safe and productive for their work.

Best wishes and climb safe.

Tobe Sherrill

The OP of this thread was made in jest, hopefully to get Thomas to stop posting rope-knight advertisements all over our forum. Anyone that knows or knows of me (almost everyone on this forum) can read the sarcasm, it was dripping with it.

In reference to the bolded text above, my OP was made in September of 2012. I started working for TreeStuff in December of 2013, 15 months after this thread was started. Once I started working at TreeStuff we immediately dropped the Danger-pedo.

It seems Tobe, that you and I agree completely on the danger and impractical nature of the Rope-Knight.

Lastly, to everyone: Please don't ever shoot anything other than a soft arborist throw weight out of an APTA. If you do shoot a large solid metal projectile out of it, you might go to jail for using a destructive device (basically a firearm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back