Horrible Dog Attack (not really!)

Dobermann Pinschers with clipped ears.
Made to be guarding concentration camps in Germany.

Why would someone buy dogs like that?

But, since Göring declared them not Aryan, not the white ones.

So, if that was a dig at my Thais, better brush up on your Shepherd history.
If it wasn't, excuse me for being paranoid and über sensitive.

It's not their fault... don't blame the critter!

So, what would someone want a critter like that for, except intimidation?
Of the more or less, according to whom you ask, 300 dog breeds in the World, why choose that one.
Why, having bought the thing, would they then clip it's ears, if not to make it look like it was guarding jews to the owens?

I'll blame the eff out of the owners, but that still doesn't make me like Dobermann Pinschers.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You dislike too many things, Stig. Lighten up - loosen that collar... stop and smell the roses! :)

My last encounter with the breed sure didn't make me like them.

Mick, why do the ears like that if you aren't the type of person who likes to dress up in SS gear and strut around the living room with the curtains closed?

Can you give me another reason?

I'm not for clipping the ears, but then my big red dobe had them when I adopted him. Great dog...good around people unless you entered my vehicle when i wasn't there. Came down from a ladder once and found my boss pinned on his back (no bites) yelling help :lol: I asked him what the F he was doing in my truck...he had no reason....:/:

When people came to the door he would sit about 6 feet away and watch me for what command i would give.

He used to help me patrol construction site on the night shift...

But then you are obviously, like me, one of the minority of people who can actually train dogs.
I've no problems with dobermanns in the hands of those, even if I still wonder why they'd want one.

It is the ones that are in the hands of the rest of the population, I worry about.

A 2017 survey showed that only 16% of the danish dog owners were 100% sure, they could call their dog and actually make it come to heel.
Personally, I think it was wishful thinking for half of them.

I have different luck with training different dogs.

My current one, Otis (Staffy) just won't come dependably when called so he stays on a leash or in a run when out. he's great in most every other respect & a good companion though.

Max (the dobe) was one of the smartest & easiest to train I've owned...but then he was bred for what he was trained for, which is a key factor IMO

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
16r7k1a

[Mick, i can't figure out how to quote our post.
Yes I did shoot a perfectly healthy dog because I was unable to train it.
Only wish I'd done it 3 months before, but Richard, my partner asked me to give it a second chance.
For which he later apologized.

Mick, I have had 11 dogs, 10 of which have been trained to do the things I want my dogs to do.

Not chase wildlife above the size of mice, come when called and not when it suits them, but EVERYTIME, walk at heel, lay down at a whistle and stay untill released. Stay on the truckbed like they were glued fast.
I have been able to whistle every one of those dogs out of the truck from as far as a whistle can be heard, then send them back, knowing that once they jump into the truck, the " Never leave the truck untill called" effect hits them.

I have won bets with hunters who thought they could call my dogs out of the truck.

I don't teach my dogs a lot of stupid shit, like make like a dead Vietcong, only what they need to be able do to in order to follow me at work, in an environment where hunters and game wardens see red at the sight of an unleashed dog.

My dogs have never been on a leash, and I get along fine with the various hunters and gamewardens in the forests were we work.
All I ever get from them is compliments for well trained dogs.

So, obviously, giving up on Jack and putting a bullet in his brain is an indication of me not being able to train dogs, and not in the least an indication of the dog being untrainable.

I love that, especially since it comes from a guy whose last dog would eat his lunch and whose present dog runs wild all over the neighbourhood chasing cats.

If you think your post hit a sore spot, you are very much right.

Do you think I enjoyed having to kill Jack?

I never said I could train dogs. I don’t mind dogs stealing my sandwiches or running round chasing cats, as long as he doesn’t manage to catch one.

I would never ever ever do that to one of my dogs just for being disobedient. If it bit someone or killed sheep, ok.
I will never understand why you did it or why you told us about it.

It wouldn’t be a sore spot if you hadn’t done it, you didn’t have to do it, so sorry, not sorry.

Last edited:
He jumped out of the truck and attacked a passing dog.
The owner threatened to complain to the State Forest, where we were working at the time.
The outcome of that would have meant that I would be unable to bring my dogs to work, when working there.

He also took off after everything that moved, no matter how many times I used the electric shock collar on him.

After I killed him, one of the local hunters told me how a bunch of them had been standing around ouside the forest behind my house, when all of a sudden 7 deer came racing out of the woods followed by one black dog.

Jack was beyond "disobedient", he lived in a world of his own and didn't have much connection with me or the other dogs.
He used to attack Thais severely, the only sign of intelligence he ever showed was in never going after Sam, the Alpha.

I realize that me shooting him has shocked you, but I find that to be a far better death than dying in panic and fear at the Vet's.

I shot Sam, too, when he had a brain hemorrage.

Last edited:
I just realized there are a difference between American and European Dobermanns.

Back