Unhealthy For You, But Soooooo Tasty...

I ate a Monte cristo ONCE. Then I considered cutting my guts out with a chainsaw. It was too heavy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Too heavy... like too rich... I've never understood how that's a bad thing...

So much oil in the thick crust. It felt like I drank fryer oil. Add syrup to that and powdered sugar and melted cheese.

e5occ0.jpg

That's a bit fancier than mine! Getting about ready to go to fried ones for a while again. I eat 3 eggs every morning, occasionally 4. I can tell they give me a boost of energy.

Please tell me you DON'T eat the yolks.

My pic is all egg whites, I toss the yolks. I allow myself 4 yolks a week, all in one meal, sunny side up.

Uh, yep, yolks and all. With raw goat milk. And real butter. Sorry, I likes it. Why do you say not to eat the yolks? Is the yolk not where most of its nutritional value is?

I used to get Monte Christo sammiches, not in a long time though. around here they were always with egg, not really batter and not deep fried. FWIW I called them Monte Carlo just to hear the waitress correct me, everytime. lol

Do you know your cholesterol levels? I mean, do you regularly have blood work done? Do you get at least annual "check ups" from a MD?

Are you derailing the thread, or was it all just a trap so you could chastise fellow members for their food choices? And please quit acting like eating an egg yolk will cause a person to keel over and die. The hormones and other drugs fed to the chickens harm us much more than the natural egg yolk itself.

Back