Stihl 200 rear handle

I stopped in at a Stihl dealer near Hobart today...apparently they don't carry the 201 rear handle in Australia. Don't know why.
When I made the comment that I would have to get one of my American friends to hook me up, they got all "oh dear, you have to be very careful, US saws are not the same standard as Oz, and if you have an accident it could be a problem...' Uhhh, what difference would there even be? Besides maybe exhaust emissions or dB??

I still want one, 201 would be fine.

It would have different safety stickers on.

I can’t see the attraction of these saws, why not get a similar sized ordinary rear handle?

cuz they are light

that is some dealer BS about getting hurt. I guarantee the folks at horse pistol aint gonna ask what model saw you were using.....

I guess it’s more a case of if it really hits the fan and you get accident investigators checking your stuff or insurance guys trying to find a way of not paying.

Nevertheles, I wouldn’t give it a moments worry.

We all know the great power/weight for the 200 series, so for using it on the ground, why not get the rear handle version?
I can sell my 200t and use that to go towards a rear handle.
I have a 201 in a box ready to deploy if needed, but really, since the advent of the 150t and my Silkys the 200t only really gets used on the ground now so...

As I said, the 200RH I have cuts WAY above it's weight class. Nearly matches my 361 with a 20 inch bar/chain. 7 pounds and change. That is pretty amazing.

Yep Burnie, 200RH by far my fav ground limbing saw!...so light and powerful...oh, I keep mine out of the drink.. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There is a 200 rear handle FS but the 4-5hr round trip to get didnt appeal to me.

s2r.jpg

Just checked 5hrs round trip and $350

I'll be passing through the States in March, I reckon the easiest thing would be to pick one up then.
Anyone know of a GOOD Stihl dealership in/near LA?... and DON'T say the one on Lomita...had a credit card hacked using their store, and they wouldn't give me a trade discount.

LA as in Los Angeles or Louisiana? If so I will ask my members of close to 35K. Lot of stihl dealers there.

Yes, Los Angeles.
Been to one dealer there...never again. on (in) Lomita

OK I will run it by them for ya.

Bermy I will PM you. So far 1 recommended.

Back