Graeme McMahon Regnans Take Down

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nearly all the beds you see there are aluminum. Very custom. And truck of choice seems to be the Toyota Landcruser. All with fording option.

And then there are the undisturbed forests in Australia. Under the canopy of the Eucs there lies a lush understory of shrub and tree ferns. Real jungle. Cockatoos, Bookatoos, Lyrabirds, wombats and leeches. The sounds are incredible and simply beautiful.

Most especially the lyrabirds.

arf002.JPG arf001.JPG arf007.JPG arf003.JPG arf004.JPG arf005.JPG arf006.JPG

I wish I had more time to hike the trails there. Next time for sure.

Thanks, Jerry.
I've really looked forwards to seeing those pictures.

You just moved Australia up a notch on my " places I want to go climb trees" list:D

I do believe Terri and I are going back in March of next year. Her 60th birthday. 2 weeks this time. That's the plan anyway. But anything can happen in that time.

I'm going to have to learn how to drive on the wrong side of the road. Might as well start practicing.

Thanks for the link! It looks like a good side track.

Graeme knows what work is all about. And he's done very well by it too. A successful man in many ways

Great pics, Jerr. Whose excavator was that feeding that big ol Morbark? And is that G's chipper or maybe his logging buddy's? I was just wondering how often on a residential job G would bring in a massive chipper and an excavator to feed it?

And how exactly does that work, going 7 days a week? Maybe crews rotate a bit. Hard to imagine going hard 7 days a week for 9 months.

Jerr, what kind of stuff did G go over in the safety meeting?

Jerry

I have just arrived back from working away at Wilson's Promontory and saw this thread. I hadn't seen the pics yet so it caught me by surprise that you have captured so well your time here. The quality of the pics is great. Thanks for showcasing the team around such a task and relating the indigenous environment of the E. regnans (mountain ash). You have qiute a grasp on its growth and regeneration.

Hard to believe you were here for a week. Time went very quickly but we covered some ground. The post about Robin logging describes accurately their commitment to work however I have not felled for Col in the bush. I would have to check but they have shifted over 50,000 ton of logs and pulp this year with the harvester and some hand felling by Brett. On another contract I have hand felled over 30,000 ton (12,713,000 board feet) of logs and pulp (in less than 9 months).

Cory
The excavator is owned and operated by "sconey" Chris. He used to work in the bush as well. The chipper is run by another mate of mine, Daniel Kelly. It can throw the chips 45m so they come out with attitude.

Butch
The exact price of the job was, a little less than I wanted and a bit more than the client wanted to pay.

I will read the thread properly and come back where appropriate.

Graeme McMahon

I can't recall how long it took me before driving on the wrong side of the road became instinctual. There was one incident where I was able to watch a large dump truck driver's face turn from perplexity to frightened, to down right hostile, all within a relatively short distance. I still feel lucky and also bad about that. Old habits have a way of surfacing when still early on in the transition. :O

People talk about the frontiers of space and the deepest parts of the ocean. What Graeme is doing there in the woods, seems like a frontier to me as well. Love the photos, Jerry, thanks again for posting them.

J
The exact price of the job was, a little less than I wanted and a bit more than the client wanted to pay.

Graeme McMahon

This belongs in the quote thread if no one minds..?.. Graeme very nice!
Seems to fit in well with our line of work. Hats off to you and the crew!
Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Absolutely unbelievable thread. Thanks so much Jer. Thanks Mr. McMahon. Totally astounding. So does "Mountain Ash" down there, mean "Euc" up here?

I was wondering that too. Mountain ash means something a little smaller up this way. Lol.

Unbelievable work/equipment. Wow, thanks for sharing this. Very impressive.

All in all it was a great cultural exchange. I was tickled by it all. I'm so lucky to have the opportunity and invite.

So much more can be said. And in future posts will.

Back