Graeme McMahon Regnans Take Down

It's not so different from the guys that were born in Hawaii and ride sixty foot waves. Still, it's very impressive what some people can do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The clean-up was yet another thing. The chipper was massive.

A V-12 Cumming's. 12 hundred horse power. Blowing black smoke at 120 liters per hour, and fed by the excavator.

The feed got stuck a couple of times and Graeme crawled into the beast to clear it. All shut down and safe in a relative way of course.

cu010.JPG cu001.JPG cu002.JPG cu003.JPG cu004.JPG cu006.JPG cu007.JPG cu008.JPG cu009.JPG

Hey, any shots like this?

219nhcg.jpg

:P

:lol:

Im telling you right now, you couldnt rent that lift, chipper, excavator and all the trucks for 10 grand a DAY, much less get ACE and Graeme McMahon out there...

Seriously I dont think these guys are on the pricing schedule as guys like us.

What a show, thanks so much for the pictures Jerry... Did you do any cutting yourself?

If they had that lift why so much time on hooks? It doesnt articulate I take it..

Logging in Victoria is so much like it is here in northern Cali. With the slopes supporting the timber. The lower lands more open. Agriculture and development has pushed the timber lands more towards the slopes. Aside from the species being different the landscape setting is practically the same as right here where I live. And the climate is so close the same too. Though backwards; It was winter in Melbourne and summer in Cali. I was blessed with basically good winter weather during my stay with Graeme.

Graeme introduced me to Cole Robin of Robin Logging. Represented in these pics. A family operation of 3 generations. They are very well equipped and working 7 days a week 9 months out of the year. Now imagine that.

The state Victoria mandates of logging far exceeds those in California today. Which doesn't say much about our department of forestry. Though in this respect the difference is purely political.

I rode through the timber tracks with Brett Robin and he gave me a tour of the forest lands in this niche of the state. A tour like you would never believe. In one setting Graeme hand fell 80,000 tons of pulp wood for the Robin's in a season. And boy let me tell you, Graeme and I had fun trying to figure those numbers out in board feet felled. But no matter how you look at it, it's a lot of saw mix and sweat.

The timber land setting in the state of Victoria Australia is no less the same as we have here in the pacific northwest. A background of old growth stumps, spring board notches, old train trestles cast in a modern and managed forest.

May managed forests go on forever.

rl013.JPG rl011.JPG rl010.JPG rl009.JPG rl008.JPG rl007.JPG rl006.jpg rl005.JPG rl004.JPG rl003.JPG rl002.JPG rl001.JPG rl012.JPG

Thanks for the fine photos! Always a pleasure to see your perspective.
Do you know if ace had their go pro's rolling?

Yes, Ace had his Go Pro cameras rolling all the time. He had at least 3 that I know of. And I do believe he's giving all the video to Angus McMahon to play with. I viewed some of the video files from his laptop. He's really got some good minutes. So Angus should have something to show us in the future.

And so, to continue on here, I have some pics of the crew. All the people that had a little, or a lot, to do with the job.

The morning the job started Graeme had a safety meeting with everyone that would be on site, and laid down the ground rules. He was very thorough with this.

Aside from just the crew there were urban foresters and care takers on and off site all the time.

I even got in a few of the shots.

DSC02669.JPG DSC03056.JPG DSC03021.JPG DSC03010.jpg DSC02794.JPG DSC02714.JPG DSC02711.JPG DSC02685.JPG DSC02675.JPG DSC03223.JPG DSC03212.JPG

Back