Alterna mat alternative?

Heh if I could walk into a store here and buy them, or get free shipping on a few or something. I'd consider it. I do prefer to only work with the best rigging.

I think the dedicated mats are the way to go. If Willie bought them they must be worth it!!!

1 a month for a year would get you a nice collection... But I have the advantage of being able to pick them up from the dealer.

Lordy, there's a lotta them! I'll call them in the morning and find out exactly what they are.

I hope those aren't the headlights that even on low beams, blind the person coming the other way

They might be, but I have bad night vision. I haven't noticed being brighter coming at me all that much, not really.

Looks to me like it you aren't going HID lighting technology, you're getting hyped by appearance rather than performance...just from some quick reading, might be otherwise under deeper scrutiny.

I have bad night vision when driving too, it's the only time I feel the need to wear glasses, to see road signs that I often can't read anyway. :|:

The thing with the mats is they have saved me on a tow bill several times. I toss 4 mats in the dodge, put 2 on the down hill side and roll onto them, then put 2 on the side I need to go and roll out. The problem I see with buying 1 or 2 at a time is shipping is cheaper in bulk and if you buy 10 or more you save at the dealer I used

For those with access to $5 dollar sheets, that is a no brainer. But for regular priced sheets around here, and for the mega durability of alturnamats, the mats make good sense, imo, for regular, frequent use.

I'm telling ya'll, despite their crazy price, they're a good investment. You've just gotta bite that gall darned bullet!!!

i gotta bite the bullet, again, and get a buncha white ones.

I will, but while we are on the subject, anybody ever try painting black ones white or silver?? I presume paint wouldn't stick well to them but, just wondering.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think I am going to go with the comercial sealer for now until I can drop the coin on some alternamats. Thanks kids!

Back