Alterna mat alternative?

I have that mud trax link open in another window. Claims the most aggressive tread in the industry.

I doubt that...but the handles cut into them are nice for moving them. I also had several that had smooth on one side for putting on soft asphalt for cranes and such. Like 40lbs each?....maybe heavier can't recall

Plywood was a joke today, even double layer 3/4" left sinkholes, divots and ruts (30,000GVW chip truck, 60,000 lb. log truck). Stump grinder was leaving mudding trails wherever it went. Please Flushcut, can you look up in your records and figure out where to find that deal on Alternamats? We could really use a dozen or two!

60 K is a lot to ask, they are a great tool but they will flex under heavy load and leave a depression.

Mostly just the chipper itself (8,000 lb.) and the crane truck's right front wheel and outrigger off the driveway and on the grass. But the conditions were so mucky today, I doubt anything would've preserved it. At least they didn't have immaculate turf and are planning on de-doing their whole backyard. Hence the complete tree removal package -- 5 trees out of the backyard.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Plywood was a joke today, even double layer 3/4" left sinkholes, divots and ruts (30,000GVW chip truck, 60,000 lb. log truck). Stump grinder was leaving mudding trails wherever it went. Please Flushcut, can you look up in your records and figure out where to find that deal on Alternamats? We could really use a dozen or two!

I'll try.

Bump.
We are def. in the market for AlturnaMats or near alternative. Any hope, Flushcut? $2-3K budget. We stacked out a plywood highway today for the bucket truck and then the chipper. Worked pretty well to prevent major ruts to the back yard, better than yesterday without anything and had to spend over an hour fixing ruts in the customer's front yard and spilling into the neighbor's grass a bit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I believe it was Star Traffic . com. They told me they offer volume discounts irrc.

I also sell Altirnamats, not something I do much of/not much money in it so I don’t push it, but yeah. 8) I include DICA outrigger pads with my lifts, same folks own Alturnamats.

"Just lay a pile of $100s on the back of your crane/bucket truck and drive down the Interstate. Same net effect, boys!"

Back