The Official New Boots Thread

Anybody round here ever hear of Kuliens? Good boots imho.

This is my latest pair of vibrams. Last pair of vibrams was a pair of Corks that I had re-soled to vibrams...don't do that!
422805_10150598813594844_355234984843_8933693_1085159376_n.jpg

This was my first pair of corks from them. I know I was a baby, and that is my baby girl on my lap...now she is 14 :(
scan0001.jpg

This was my Last pair of Corks with my Male model:
scan0002.jpg

This was the pair that I had re-soled to vibrams.

I had worn out Multiple pairs of Wesco Corks before I switched to these. As far as the corks...I liked them way better, although they were hard to get used to at first, as the soles were way stiffer, and they were heavier over all. One thing I love about them is they are custom made for my feet which are kind of messed up after a bad leg break, so there is not much of a break in period, and they seem to help relieve foot and knee pain. Another thing I absolutely loved about them is having dry feet while falling timber in 13 feet of year in Southeast Alaska (feet would have been soaked every day with the Wescos. Anyhow, I really like them, although most of my experience is with the corks...still waiting to decide if I will stick with the vibrams. BTW, They are pricey...this last pair was $700. The way I justified it is when I wore out my first pair of corks they outlasted my Wescos around 3 to one....and at 300 bucks a pair then for the Wescos, it seemed like a good deal.

Just got these yesterday! thanks sierratradingpost! very nice contruction and looks as if they will hold up... time will tell.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/al...filterString=mens-boots~d~137/&colorFamily=32

Been almost a year in my Alico Tahoe's....Holding up very well.... Although I usually only climb on the weekends I have put many hiking miles on these through tough terrain in my day job. On spikes they are good for jobs under 4 hours or so, Rope climbing they are very nice. Hiking is where they shine.

Im afraid the soles of my whites smokejumpers will need replaced by spring. I bought them last fall. The boots themselves are a work of art. Glad i listened to B's wisdom. But vibram soles just cant take more than a year to a year and a half of me.

I've been looking at the smokejumpers for my next pair, that or another pair of wesco jobmasters, or nick's.....how is one to decide?

I can only speak for the whites, but the comfort, quality of material, and workmanship is outstanding and justifies the price. I have brown non steel toe smokejumpers and they have molded themselves to my legs and feet like no other boot ive ever worn. Plus they arent big and clumsy. I see guys in these insulated steel toe chippewas that look like ski boots. I cant imagine spikeless work in those things and getting hung up in half the crotches i stand in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well...my Haix packed it in about 3 months ago. Damn things aren't build for one as wide footed as myself and the leather ended up separating from the sole. Bummer. In the end, I got about 8 hard months out of em. While I feel that they were a great boot and I would love to have another pair, I won't be buying another pair of Haix until they figure out how to accomodate a wide foot. Which is apparently not in their repertoire. After the Haiks packed it in I used some old cheapo steel toes made by Timberland. Those became unbearable and I bought another pair of Timberland's boots for 120.00. I then proceeded to upgrade my hikers due to the spare change...as I was prepared to buy some serious boots. Got my favorite Asolo's for 250.00 which are tried and true.

Whaddya do...I like to hike, and am unwilling to buy boots I can't try on first...so we'll see how these cheapo's do. I'll try and get a pic up...apparently they are no longer making this type as it is not on the Timberland website.

I had a beautiful handmade pair of caulk boots 30 yr ago called Heads, made in Vancouver BC. I believe they are out of business now. My brother had another similar called Paris.

Here in Manitoba safety laws says chainsaw operators have to have steel toes and 8" tops. And I'm happy with that ,that's how I always had my work boots. Steel toes have saved my toes many times and the steel shank are real nice support for wearing spurs.

I was looking at the photo posted earlier of Angus's worn out toes on his old boots with the steel caps in full view.........wonder how many times the saw zipped those toes?

FWIW done this for years ... prep new boot steel toes first thing out of the box ...
ain't pretty but toes last 'til the boots fall apart ... :)

5908894806_c8f41a46a8.jpg

5898044089_a848e90151.jpg

Shoe Goo is the shiznit!
Well...my Haix packed it in about 3 months ago. Damn things aren't build for one as wide footed as myself and the leather ended up separating from the sole. Bummer. In the end, I got about 8 hard months out of em. While I feel that they were a great boot and I would love to have another pair, I won't be buying another pair of Haix until they figure out how to accomodate a wide foot. Which is apparently not in their repertoire. After the Haiks packed it in I used some old cheapo steel toes made by Timberland. Those became unbearable and I bought another pair of Timberland's boots for 120.00. I then proceeded to upgrade my hikers due to the spare change...as I was prepared to buy some serious boots. Got my favorite Asolo's for 250.00 which are tried and true.

Whaddya do...I like to hike, and am unwilling to buy boots I can't try on first...so we'll see how these cheapo's do. I'll try and get a pic up...apparently they are no longer making this type as it is not on the Timberland website.

Look into Lowa renegades they are super comfy and come in a wide foot, EE for me. I have used them for work and play and they hold up very well. I can't say they are the greatest on spurs tho.
Just recently I have been wearing some Keen mid top with steel toe so far so good.

Back