The Official New Boots Thread

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My friend has been working for Bartlett in Victoria and his stories about the viberg shop out there make me drool. I'd love to have a dedicated pair of spur boots.

Not cheap, but thats tree work for ya! Good thing we make the big bucks....

HA!

Ha scored big time. The Vibergs I had been looking at for $430 I got for $100. Didn't even know the local sawshop carried boots and apparently nobody else did either as they had been sitting on a few Vibergs for awhile. Well they put them out on a rack in the middle of the floor, about 1/2 dozen pairs or so no more than an hour before I stepped through the door. They had one pair in my size!

Cheapest pair of Vibergs I'll ever own.

All they have left now is caulks in smallish sizes. 7.5 and smaller. I was just in there today again.

My new Hoffmans arrived! The old ones just weren't doing it anymore...
Duralines with the steel shank in the sole and steel caps.
Started breaking them in, hopefully they go alright next week at work.
Photo 22-03-12 10 57 48 PM.jpg

They'll probably be hell to break in, but once broken in....................................wonderful!

Been wearing them for a few days now. Most comfortable boots I've worn, ever.
I'm pretty much going to try and never spur in anything but these from now on!
I was worried they were going to take a bit to break in, but so far I haven't had a single sign of trouble.

The worst part about these boots, is trying to get them to Australia... No international shipping!

Just ordered my new Vibergs yesterday......but have to wait til middle of June for them, I guess there in the process of moving to a new building so here I wait...................patiently!!!!:boogie:

Anybody's feet hurt after for hours on hooks. The trick is rotating/letting one rest while the other takes the weight. The other thing is to ALWAYS distribute the weight equally between them.

It depends on your feet.

I wonder: Will the heal be quite substantial enough to keep the spurs from sliding back? Let us know if the soles prove stiff enough too.

A lot people think you need a heel for hooks. Its just not true. I use hooks all the time with Vasque Sundowners. A boot with practicaly no heel. Have done so for years & it works.

I have worn the Bates C3s. Bates has some very good boots.
My personal experience with the C3s was not pleasant. Less than 10 miles in them they had ripped the bottom of my socks. The bottoms of my feet were a mess.
Not my choice. But some folks I know really like them.

Everybody's feet are different.

Back