The Official New Boots Thread

ae6be5d8-640b-558e.jpg

Got to love sierra trading post. $97 shipped to my door!

unless you live in another country. I bought a pair of sneakers from them this spring, $60 or so, plus $25 shipping and $20 duty and $25 brokerage fees. :(

indeed. the deals from them seem super sweet but if you arent in the us of A, the other fees can make them not so much. :(

I have had a pair of Hiax in the past. Very comfy boot and lasted about 20 months. Protector pros I think was the model. At the moment I am on my second pair of Meindl Airstream. First pair lasted 2 years and this pair, so far 19 months. But you fellas would probably laugh as they are red!

I wonder: Will the heal be quite substantial enough to keep the spurs from sliding back? Let us know if the soles prove stiff enough too.

boots are breaking in nicely, have about 10 walking miles on them and are really starting to form to my feet already. I have yet to climb with them. I think they will be ok on spikes however I think ALICO's moutaineering model would be better suited. I have never had a problem wear spikes with low heal boots. My current removal boots are ASOLO moutaineering boots and have almost no heal and have always been pretty good to me. maybe its the type of spikes I wear? I climb with Antec axxes spikes and they have always climbed well no matter what I was wearing for boots.

What an odd angle to carry a saw.

Those climbers look interesting... do they articulate? If so, why?

They look kinda 'bulky.'

Back