The new MS441C

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You are simply incorrigible:lol:

Stig how is that 441 c treating you? A friend just picked one up and says it is a dog( all his other saws are modded though). He is considering giving it a week or two then ditch it if he doesnt like it. Any thoughts?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We still like it a lot.
I don't get to run it much, because I can't pry it away from Richard.

I have the 241C as well, same tecnology and a lot of grunt for such a small saw.

I've been running the piss out of mine. It seems as though the last 2 tanks of fuel have really broken it in. I'm going to send it off for some porting in a few weeks.

I've been running the piss out of mine. It seems as though the last 2 tanks of fuel have really broken it in. I'm going to send it off for some porting in a few weeks.

The last two? How many is that do you figure? I may get a real good deal on it if he's impatient.

When loud gets louder, it might be time to stuff some more foam into your muffs. I found it made a good difference, but I still use plugs on top of that sometimes. It's like getting dressed.

A story on a 441 . Tom stopped early last night going home from a job .It seems his slightly over two year old 441 gave up the ghost .A big puff and lost all compression . I'll investigate when he brings it out .

Seems odd that super duper saw replaced a 440 that was stolen and the 440 replaced an 038 Mag which I now own but had given over 20 years of service. The last 10 while it did need attention from time to time kept it up until the bitter end .Not dead yet either just resting .

So barring unforeseen cicumstances it looks like I'll get my hot little hands on a 441 years before I expected to .Can't promise any thing but I might get lucky trying to figure the mystery about these things .Everyone else has tried ,maybe I'll get lucky .:)

I have a regular 441 that we are going to hot rod. It's been a good saw so far. Less vibes are good at the end of an 80 hour week...

That's all well and good and good luck .Nobody has figured out how to do it yet though .

Bradley David fiddled around with the muffler and jacked the timing a tad but he really didn't hot rod it .

I look forward to just being able to analize this design because I've yet to see the insides of any strato ported saw ,Husqvarna or Stihl .I've really only operated one and have mixed feelings about it' s perfomance as compaired to any other modern 70 cc saw .

Oh what a turn of events this turned out to be .It seems young Tom thought he blowed a hole in the piston so he bought another 441 .

I stopped this afternoon and fetched it and took it out to the house to investigate .Seems it blowed the plug out of it .5 minutes after I had it home I had it running . I'll drop it off in the morning .:lol:

I picked up a 460 from the saw shop with that same problem. They told the guy it was toast. I payed them 40$ for it. Got it home. Started tearing it apart. Realized the plug threads were shot. Put a new plug in it fired right up. Still one of the strongest saws I have. I told them about it a few months later. Kinda pissed me off that they didn't check that. They just pulled the cord and since it didn't feel like it had any compression they just assumed.

It's an old story .That's how I picked up the stock 200T for twenty bucks .

Funny thing at the GTG because the super bee had one of it's moments I got out ran by one of my own saws .:lol: Which BTW is not the first time that's happened ,

Noooo I'm not going to come down hard on Tom over this .He's the treeman ,I'm the mechanic .He does his thing ,I do mine .;)

Back