smoothies?

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 55
  • Views 9K
When the economy was good here some years ago, they were bringing over Philippine women in mass to work in the clubs. Some of the gangs were involved in that activity, and I heard some things about the girls being treated rather rough at times. There is a place in town where if you drove by during a certain hour before the evenings activities began, twenty or thirty girls would be standing out front as a lure in to potential customers. I almost crashed my truck a few times going by during that time. Pretty ladies and dressed in a somewhat limited fashion. It was kind of an overload happening upon that all of a sudden, just when the sun was going down. Philippine girls have a strong ethic about trying to take care of their parents, and many come from poor backgrounds. A friend of mine got hooked up with one through a sort of marriage broker, and he was supporting her family back there. He didn't speak her language and she didn't speak his. i got corralled into translating sometimes. Unfortunately, the marriage didn't work out.

OK. Well considering that there is an age difference of 25 or 30 years, some problems seem a real possibility from the beginning. Dad has their daughter, mom is off in the states now apparently, and out of the picture. It was a pretty regular deal here for awhile, older Japanese dudes getting brokered young Philippine wives. Money changing hands with intermediaries and such. Lots of failures from what I have heard. She seemed like a nice girl, old style humble like used to be around, but had some inability to want to adjust to the culture here. Tough economy, money became tight for my friend, and his lack of desire to keep sending dough back to her family was an issue, he told me. Marrying for love is less a part of the deal than keeping the funds going. I guess in some cases that love grows out of that, a few seem to make it. The whole deal was pretty tough on my friend, he lost his one employee and nearly his business repairing machinery. He pulled himself out of it.

Back