Mini Skids

Got any pics of the push system?

Yea ill post sum. 20190301_161857.jpg 20190301_161925.jpg

20190503_081607.jpg 15680497782864183480810241450485.jpg 15680498683791898349861211309674.jpg
The last few pics i just took. Its still got shit on it from job i was finishing up a few days ago. Im a aircraft mechanic during the week and a tree guy on my days off. Ill get u pics of the sled/ram . Its a 6 by 6 ram i braced up .

The first pic of the pulley was my first design. The last pic is my final design. I beefed up the rear bumper with quarter inch way square tubing.

I would add some lead or steel, not too much though, maybe just 50lbs to the back riding platform. You don't want it too easy to tip backward when unloaded (such as when driving uphill). I've always wanted extra weight in back on a sk800, but I'm only 145lbs. I have doubled up with a 180lb guy to load some giant chunks of wood (800-1100lbs), but doing that enough seems to have slightly bent or loosened the grapple attachment point to where it wouldn't lock in place anymore. I think it had to be rewelded once. Supposedly the sk1000 is like 500lbs heavier, but the same size machine.

You also just have to learn how the thing handles to use the imbalance to your advantage.

I hardly ever use the platform its to bumpy. Lol. But i use it for counterbalance with me on it sometimes. I want to take it off though.

I think one of the guys on the forum .... welded plates on the sides rear to take those having tractor weights. Been in. I believe

Thanks cursed ill look into it.

Heavy end up hill, don't drive up a hill unloaded, nose first, unless certain.

You might spring load your platform, you are a significant part of the counterweight. When I'm at/ near max capacity, I hang back as far as possible, and hang my leg back, almost horizontal, like a kangaroo tail for balance (keeps machine from bouncing as much).

Thanks sean. I bought the 427 narrow so i can always get it to the work. I haven't hand carried anything since I got it. Its fit through ever gate at every job so far. I lean back as well on platform and i also keep buchet as llow as possible when i have heavy stuff.

Ill get you guys a vid of the pishoff system this week. I work 2 to 10 in aviation. So im getting up early Wednesday and Thursday to finish up a job, im also busy Friday and Saturday so ill try to get vid on one of those days with some real weight in the trailer. Dump trailers are to high for my mini so i improvised with a utility trailer.

Like Sean I often leveraged myself as counterweight. I never walked with my ramrod miniskid, always road. I'd try like Sean suggested to make the platform work. Than you can ride instead of walk and you are the counterweight.

My machine was plenty smooth enough to ride on no problem. Knees for some shock absorption but it was no problems to ride, even in real rough ground.

I'd think operation would be much less efficient trying to chase the machine around all the time. I'd weld up some type of spring support under the platform. Some models come with rubber springs which help some, but can still be hard on the knees after many hours.

The solution to loading on a dump trailer is by using heavy duty ramps. Make a ramp holder on the sides of the trailer to store them.

With our hilly terrain, you step off and walk pretty regular. With the dingo, it's easier to scoop the bucket on foot as well. Let the nose weight work for you.

Spring loaded platform, Dave?

When you can barely, barely drag or fully lift, the kangaroo tail can keep you from catching the piece on the ground stalling or tipping up on the front idlers.

I often cut things down to where I can just lift them.

Adds stability on cross slopes, helping to not tip sideways.

Looks weird, but effective.

Sometimes you can maintain motion, but not restart from a stop.

Looks dangerous, hard to get off of if it tips backward. When standing it is 100% natural to step off when it tips over backward, that relieves a lot of back weight allowing it to tip forward again.

My platform is low to the ground so when i travers terrain it drags or mauls up sod, some people have nice yards so i put plywood down, but i do ride the platform don't get me wrong but walking is usually 60 percent of the time. Especially with brush i can walk beside it way on the side and watch not to hit diving boards,fence,etc.... i usually ride when im picking up trunck peices.

Y'all wanna see my hillbilly dump trailer work?

Back