Mini Skids

Hey Butch, thanks for the welcome!

Btw, I looked at a job today where the Iron Horse would be very useful.........I can only find one for sale in Quebec and he's asking $9000......too much $ and too far away.
Have to keep looking.

Thanks again.

Welcome to the TreeHouse, Phased! Aren't you Dave? My name is Butch.

Iron Horses are neat, but at their price point they still require a boat load of manual work. A ride on mini is a production booster and physically easier.

Aren't the Iron Horses in the mid teens new?

bonner thanks for the welcome, I'll check out that thread when I have a minute.

Yeah I agree the Iron Horse is limited and not suitable for residential type work, but what it does it seems to do very well, and if that fits the job then great.....costly little bugger though, damn!

Yeah, Welcome Phased1, stop in at the New Members Thread and tell us a bit about yourself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
bonner thanks for the welcome, I'll check out that thread when I have a minute.

Yeah I agree the Iron Horse is limited and not suitable for residential type work, but what it does it seems to do very well, and if that fits the job then great.....costly little bugger though, damn!

Just keep in mind 9g's is a nice used mini or a hefty down payment on a new one.

Yep bend over, but I have recouped nearly all of the cost back in labor savings.

I took delivery in January of last year. I did buy it with a BMG, scoop, and broom so far so good but the BMG is taking a beating and I wish it was built a smidge heavier for the operating capacity of the 800 but I am very happy with the products.

Flush, I think I am going to recommend the BMG "HD" for that big vermeer from now on.
Another company tore up the mini with there monster mini 800 also
they were digging shrub stumps out of rock beds

Flush, I think I am going to recommend the BMG "HD" for that big vermeer from now on.
Another company tore up the mini with there monster mini 800 also
they were digging shrub stumps out of rock beds

I have just been hauling wood with mine, maybe a massive rock or three, and make no mistake it has led a very hard life thus far. I plan on ordering a new set of "fingers" this year and welding in some more metal in the ereas that got tweaked on the first set.

I fishplated both sides of the large arm on this last run
their not going to bend, ? is where will the next week point be

shoot no pics of the plates -- I also added a pusher and receiver
TNE1001Pusher.jpg TNE1001RecievONdingo.jpg BMGreciever.jpg Maybe no need to

Carl, generally it's considered risky to post your email on the web like that. Bots are surfing the web looking for email addresses to add to spam lists. It's best to at least put a space between the @ or something so the bots don't see it as an email address.

Yeah thanks for the concern. I stopped worrying about that a while back. It should be easy to design a bot to read common variations that people put in their email and phone number.

My email and phone number is all over the internet. With one exception from some form I filled out a few months ago where I'd get 15-20 emails a day on various topics, all with the same generic layout. That's subsided now, thankfully.

Oh, and my phone number is 662-251-9191. :P

Good to know Carl.

The company I work for here in HK has my work email on their website and I get over 50 spam emails a day. Of course, correlation does not equal causation.

Howdy yall, I am thinking of getting a mini skid steer. I was leaning toward the Vermeer s800tx. So I am wondering if anybody has run and if so what are your thoughts. Or is there another machine that would be more recommended.

How it all started.

I love my mini. I finally gots me one. 2014 Tx427 narrow. Do they make counter weights for the back or am i gunna have to get a bunch of lead and make my own? Any help would make my day

20190525_114358.jpg 20190607_214259.jpg

That my utility trailer i load with the mini, i built a mechanical pushoff system. So far shes pushed off 6800 lbs without a problem. Next trailer ill build the ram outa square tubing and the utility trailer will be a more stought all metal 25' one. But next is a stump grinder i should have one in a few months. Im booked with work all this month. Wish me luck. O yea the side with the sign is the new the other side is the old style

Last edited:
I would add some lead or steel, not too much though, maybe just 50lbs to the back riding platform. You don't want it too easy to tip backward when unloaded (such as when driving uphill). I've always wanted extra weight in back on a sk800, but I'm only 145lbs. I have doubled up with a 180lb guy to load some giant chunks of wood (800-1100lbs), but doing that enough seems to have slightly bent or loosened the grapple attachment point to where it wouldn't lock in place anymore. I think it had to be rewelded once. Supposedly the sk1000 is like 500lbs heavier, but the same size machine.

You also just have to learn how the thing handles to use the imbalance to your advantage.

Back