Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini Skids

I just looked into that 140 and I have to say that is a very tempting machine. It comes in at a little cheaper too. I am going to do some more homework on that one but it looks like the one to get.

Treehouser Sponsor sawinredneck's Avatar

Do a lot of looking around, I think you'll be surprised at how many different dealers you have around you! Ditch Witch, Boxer whatever. I know I was shocked when I started looking hard.

Parts availability and service, if you need it, is big.

i love my toro dingo
    wish it lifted higher, other than that, it's sweet
    fits on my trailer with my super jr
    lifts into my dump truck, but hard to dump, if only it raised up 1 more foot
    get a mini
    talk to dave 1st...he may have an off brand or a special deal on a used one.

i went used 1st, for the learning curve, didnt want to roll a super expensive new unit

Willie
    Southern Oregon Tree Care,LLC
    “Pruning is one of the best things an arborist can do for a tree but one of the worst things we can do to a tree.” Shigo

yup
    thank you willy
    this thing does rock

If it lifted higher, I would still have it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails boxer5.jpg   boxer8.jpg  
    Willie
    Southern Oregon Tree Care,LLC
    “Pruning is one of the best things an arborist can do for a tree but one of the worst things we can do to a tree.” Shigo

I have seem this Vermeer 800 and it is a mighty beast. I guess thats my problem with it, its the hugest mini I have ever seen. I did a demo for rainbow tree with a vermeer dealer last summer.
    I had a boxer 427W(wheel) and a AL 140, Vermeer brought their 800. I lost my camera after the demo, dammit big Bummer cuz you would see side by side that the AL is not that much bigger, you would see how the Track peeled up the lawns much worse than the 427W with the AL being the most turf friendly. The AL weighs in at 3800# with no attachments the 800 ~ 3000#, Width 40.3 to 40.5, 11mph to 4.5, Rated operating Capacity 960# to 840, 106" pin height to 84.5, Yeah less horsepower 23.5 to 35hp but as you can see from the specs its how you gear the Hydraulics more HP does not always mean more power. The AL LISTS around 28K, I have heard the 800 is in the same Ballpark, and I can usually sell the AL for close to the same cost (although there was just a 3% price increase last week). Oh yeah maintenance you never wear out the tires on the AL - the 800 ~~ ever thrown a track? or replaced tracks? its not pretty

In the end Rainbow bought a wheeled Vermeer Mini (and a BMG), they already have 2 swingers and no minis, they cited too much turf damage with the tracked 800 and the big $$$$. They bought the Verwhheel cuz they run vermeer chippers and they had a trade in. Even though the Boxer was a a G cheaper.
    My advice . . . If you are going to buy a mini don't buy a behemoth mini by a little Chevy model thats your best bang for your buck.
    If you have around 25K in your forwarder budget, its a no brainer which machine to buy. Mini's rock, but articulators will kick there BUTT hands down!

PM me if you want I can shoot you my no haggle low price on a new 140. Gehl world Hdqrs is near Milwaukee, and I have sold one already to a tree guy just W of there.

Dave
    Dave Nordgaard
    tnttreeman@branchmanagerusa.com
    Attachments for your Tree life
    www.branchmanager.com
    Authorized Giant Loader, Agent/Dealer
    https://www.tobroco-giant.us/products/

Thanks for the advice! I am in the process of looking for a mini/AL I would love to have one right now but the funds are not there at the moment but it should be a reality soon enough. I think I came across your website the other day. I will be in touch with you in regards to a 140.

ive been doing like carl, and driving up into my car carrier trailer to load things, hell on the ramps...but who gives a .... oh,
    i went up the ramps of a big beaver tailed trailer the other week, went up fine, it was down that scared the shit out of me, apparently steep inclines, mud, rubber tracks on steel ramps, dont mix.
    good think i had the bucket low and was lined up good, i slid out of the trailer down the ramp till the bucket stopped me..frickin farm boys up on the trailer just a laughing away, i gues i let out a lil weird sound when i started sliding...prolly sounded like a girl on a roller coaster... i loaded from the side after that.