Mini Skids

My very first thought back when you mentioned the mud pan was how sharp they are!
I was going to suggest a rubber edge trim, as I did a similar thing to protect an edge,
and put it on with clear silicone caulk inside the edge trim as a 'glue', and it has held up really well.

Rubber edge trim for sheet metal

I have a love hate relationship with rivnuts.
I was thinking of this post this morning as I attempted to insert a small rivnut. I have had 100% success with larger rivnuts (5/16, 3/8") but I've never used the smaller ones. Tried twice to insert a 10-28 and failed both times. Gave up and used a different method.
Thanks! :pissed:

Also to Pigwot- I bought some rubber edge trim the day you posted about it, and it worked great. (y)

I posted this in another thread, but want to put it in here for future use. Last week I had a stump I couldn't lift. If I had my pallet forks with me I could have drug it across the yard to the log pile without tearing up the yard. Instead the guys hooked a chain around it and drug it with the chip truck. Left a 4" deep trench across the front yard.
ResizerImage1279X1705.jpg ResizerImage1310X1746.jpg

Why all at once?
Cutting that pig in four, or maybe just in two could have been way easier, both in weight and in size.

I like the fastening of the fork on the trailer.

Why all at once?
Cutting that pig in four, or maybe just in two could have been way easier, both in weight and in size.

I like the fastening of the fork on the trailer.
They had one decent size saw and nobody there can sharpen a chain. They buy new chains when it gets dull. The center between the 4 leads was full of dirt and compost. It took him almost 15 minutes to make the stump cut, that chain wasn't making another pass through that stump. I could have done it but it wasn't my job.

A common phenomenon. I've heard a lot of stories lately about tree and landscape guys that can't sharpen a saw.

I see that way too often. The groundy takes the chainsaw(s) to speed up the process, so I can cut bigger pieces while climbing. Good.
It turns out that the chains cut like shit, all rounded by the previous user (it's always the previous user), so I have to do all the cutting, taking the time aloft to send pieces ready for the chipper or dismanteling the bigger ones cluttering the landing zone. Some weird sort of efficiency I suppose.

Some others are good at it though.

Back