Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini Skids

Default Mini Skids

Howdy yall, I am thinking of getting a mini skid steer. I was leaning toward the Vermeer s800tx. So I am wondering if anybody has run and if so what are your thoughts. Or is there another machine that would be more recommended.

Treehouser Sponsor sawinredneck's Avatar

Mini skid? Never heard of such a thing! I can't imagine it would be useful at all, for anyone, ever!

You need to talk to Dave, TNTtree and look at a Boxer.

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Yep, Dave's the man to hook you up with just what you need. I'm sure he'll chime in when he see's this. You gonna spring for something articulated?

TreeHouser Sponsor

The Vermeer units are quite heavy for what they can do. The only reason I can think of to pick the Vermeer unit is if you live next door to the dealership or else your uncle works for them and can get you a screaming deal.

You know I am not sure if I would go articulated or not. I am open to all suggestions. I don't think there is good support around here for the Boxers I know of a largish company by me that runs them. I know there is New Holland, Volvo, CAT, Bobcat, Gehl, and Vermeer in the area. I was thinking that I would go with a mini instead of an small articulated loader because I could get both my sc252 and the mini in my 14 foot dump trailer.

I think you could get a gehl 140 and your 252 grinder in a 14ft trailer side by side.

Vermeer's are pricey too. I was talking to a buddy today and he said he can get a three year old vermeer for 13k. I told him your silly, I can hook you up with a guy who can get you a brand new one not far off. There's many option out there, Vermeer's are soo much money. I have a vermeer less than 5 miles away, and don't own a Vermeer chipper or mini loader.
    trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them -unknown

I have the Vermeer. Pricey? Yes. Little diesel monster that I couldn't work without? Yes. That machine has been nothing but good to me. Next machine I would get would be an articulating Gehl.

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Vermeer sucks.

Your very right. I would quit cold turkey if I had to give up my mini skid! It'd be a hard sell to get me to work with a crew without one too.
    trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them -unknown