The Official Random Video Thread!

I can't believe how good these guys are.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Cob3JMmtctY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Interesting the names they came up with for the moves. Very cool!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IV3yvOkooYA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I could get into this type of MMA!

A few of those moves are quite similar to what I was taught for defensive offense with my walking stick. High level of skills there, as you say Stig. Thanks.

You'll find some of the same in the "Bo", the 6 foot staff of Okinawa/Japan, that I have trained with for the last 45 years.

What I liked about the video, apart from the brilliance of the performers, is the complete lack of "Hollywood" moves .

They just show the basics of the craft, nothing fancy that looks good but doesn't work.

It'll be interesting to hear Gary's take on it.

This is one of Jerry B's that I just came across.

Absolutely fascinating.
Kyle ought to love it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jBlvFRDHdgM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You'll find some of the same in the "Bo", the 6 foot staff of Okinawa/Japan, that I have trained with for the last 45 years.

What I liked about the video, apart from the brilliance of the performers, is the complete lack of "Hollywood" moves .

They just show the basics of the craft, nothing fancy that looks good but doesn't work.

It'll be interesting to hear Gary's take on it.

I see high level functional skill...no fluff. Many of the moves embody a concept we try to use in bando...a block is a strike, a strike is a block. Parries that efficiently slide and become a cut or stab. Using the half-beat for timing. They look to have their stuff together.

Very very bad, at least he went quick. That nickel catalyst is no joke at all, i have worked in reactors just like those for sorbitol production, complete with nickel catalyst and hydrogen gas for some step. Shit catches on fire with oxygen exposure, i blacked out doing what he was hosing it down with water when i stuck my head in too close. Instant lights out, you seriously can't even feel it coming. Journeyman asked if i was ok, then added a "bet you won't do that again, will you dumbass?" Won't forget that.

Guaranteed to be archived in safety videos everywhere, just like me. Leaning out like that, the other guy could be Brian! :drink:

Attachments

• BadBlaster.jpg
    BadBlaster.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 24
  • BadBlaster-3.jpg
    BadBlaster-3.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 23
I didn't much care for leaning out of the bucket, especially then to be bouncing the whole way back to the shop...well, at least some of I-5, where there is settling/sinking, its bouncity bouncity bounce in the bucket-truck I used.

Back