integrated bar nuts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
With groundies like that, just cut the handle on the scrench down to ½ size and grind a new screwdriver on the end.

Heck, with groundies like that, just let them use their teeth! They probably used to opening beer bottles with them anyway.

I've worked on saws brought in by a guy who says his groundie tightens the bar nut so much that it pulls the stud out of the plastic case. Twice so far, and the entire case has to be replaced.

STIHL has some oversized bar studs for both plastic and alloy that work well to save a tank housing.

aha, ah, ahhaha...this turned into a flippy cap thread! It's just so irresistable!

I don't have anything new enough to be flippy-capped. I mostly just run the Husky, which has the spot for the 19mm hex on the saw wrench. Yeah, that was a good idea, just encourage the inexperienced to strip your caps.:roll: I've never had a problem with them however. Of course, I don't think I've ever let but one person run that saw, and I had his favorite 066 in hand.:/:

Now about this stripped out thread business . Sometimes they manage to peel the threads off at full engagment .The cure for that is either a thicker nut or a thin washer so as to get out on some good threads if any are remaining with a new nut .

Some times the internal threads can either be tapped out for an over sized repair stud or a thread insert .Unfortunately though more times than not the case is cracked and that is a big problem then .

Back