OK go ahead and laugh at my Poulan

Just bough a 3500 timber master from the pawn shop.
3rd saw a got from them,all still running great!
But this one
I think it might need a carb cleaning or some new fuel lines???
It will start and idle fine but as soon as I put it in wood and give it gas she dies.
I still haven't open it up and looked at the inside.
Only payed 40$ good deal? Good saw?worth trying to fix?
Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks house!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just bough a 3500 timber master from the pawn shop.
3rd saw a got from them,all still running great!
But this one
I think it might need a carb cleaning or some new fuel lines???
It will start and idle fine but as soon as I put it in wood and give it gas she dies.
I still haven't open it up and looked at the inside.
Only payed 40$ good deal? Good saw?worth trying to fix?
Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks house!!!!

Great deal. I got 2 of those. 60cc with smaller intake and carb. Carb hda 49. Sounds like it could be diaphragm had got hard stiff and running out of fuel.
Also these were known for rotting impulse line. Replace IMO, also replace fuel line and tank vent line while at it. They are super easy to work on.

I'd give your money back even as a non runner. ;)

I was hoping you would respond cut4fun.
Thank you very much!!!!!!
So much to learn!!loving every minute of it!!
I'll keep you updated.thanks again,george

So I rip open my timbermaster3500 today.
It looked brand new inside!!!
All but the fueline that runs out the top of the carb into the cylinder?
Is that the impulse line??
It fell into about four pieces.( very dryrotted and brittle)
Question number 2 can I replace it with any fueline?
Any advice will be very helpful thanks in advance!!!
George

Here is a tygon line used for impulse after being used for close to 10 years. Now this was not everyday use just farm land use.

Got to make sure thick walled and tight fit. If you just get the echo line like above you will have no worries. Even though I have some tygon on my other bigger poulans right now. I will be changing when need arises.

p3300impulse.JPG

This is the better echo black fuel line to use for impulse. Shown in the link at Northwood saw.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thank you sir!!!
I learn a lot from your post here!!!
Also join the other forum just to read your posts.
Is there any thing you don't know about chainsaws?
How long you been at it?
We should be getting rained out tomorrow, you know what that means,time to wrench on some saws!!!!!!

Cut4fun, have you ever gotten to try any of the new ethanol resistant Tygon line? (LP-1200?) I finally obtained a roll of it about six months ago and then have never installed and tried any. (Advertised as being able to carry 100% ethanol.)

What did you think of the older LP-1100 that was supposed to stand up to ethanol? It was finicky to install as a bi-component tubing and I think my test installation shrank some around the tank seal causing it to leak a bit of fuel. For those reasons and if this LP-1200 stands up to fuel really well I would have no use for the LP-1100.

Any interest in a test section of LP-1200?

Cut4fun, have you ever gotten to try any of the new ethanol resistant Tygon line? (LP-1200?) I finally obtained a roll of it about six months ago and then have never installed and tried any. (Advertised as being able to carry 100% ethanol.)

What did you think of the older LP-1100 that was supposed to stand up to ethanol? It was finicky to install as a bi-component tubing and I think my test installation shrank some around the tank seal causing it to leak a bit of fuel. For those reasons and if this LP-1200 stands up to fuel really well I would have no use for the LP-1100.

Any interest in a test section of LP-1200?

I have that 1100 you sent in at least 3 different 2 strokes now. 2 saws and a mini tiller. Still holding up as it hasnt been long enough yet for me to see any deterioration. Like you say it wasnt fun to work with compared to the ? 4040 I was used to.

Yes I would be interested in the 1200 to install and test out. Aaron probably would too. We still have that thread going for the test lines.

Thanks,
Kevin

I dont know crap about AT. I owned a couple and loved the 545 550 over the 346 for firewood uses. But I didnt invest in the $200 tool to read all that AT stuff.

Little harder to find 60cc I have been keeping a eye out for. Craftsman 3.7 version of the 3500 365.

Found it down in Fla.

Put a new impulse line on from the get go going by symptoms told me while buying. Runs good now.

pcraftsman3.7 024.jpg pcraftsman3.7 022.jpg pcraftsman3.7 038.jpg

Built like poulan 3500?
Thanks again for your advice cut4fun
My poulan is cutting like a beast
Might be my favorite saw right know!!

Also got my eye on a o75 stilh!!
Man I love bringing a saw back to life.I wish I could explain the feeling better.

Built like poulan 3500?
Thanks again for your advice cut4fun
My poulan is cutting like a beast
Might be my favorite saw right know!!

Also got my eye on a o75 stilh!!
Man I love bringing a saw back to life.I wish I could explain the feeling better.

Yes the last one posted newer craftsman 3.7 is like the 3500 PP365. Not the older 3.7's before this series.

I found a nice fit for a 20" 3/8 GB pro top bar I had. Just finished this craftsman 3.7 60cc. Only seen 3 of these so far online including this one.

craft3.7done 008.jpg

Another 70.7cc poulan showed up today. Freaking shame it has a bad crankshaft. But all I care about is that sweet quad port cylinder. :D

pp445x2 012.jpg

Back