OK go ahead and laugh at my Poulan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Finally broke down and bought a like new one to test out today. Echo 590.
Just wanted to see what this bang for the buck 60cc is about.
Husky 2 series guy bought it new and didnt care for it and went back to the older huskys.
So worked out for me to get it from him to try out myself. Chain dont even look like it has ever been touched. Spur dont even look marked.

e590z.jpg e590zz.jpg e590zzz.jpg e590zzzz.jpg

I tested the 620SX. It ran nice. A good saw for felling medium tree with. Reminded a lot about the HVA162 in performance.
Perhaps not the highest chain speed, but good torque and well built saw.

620 has bigger carb and different cylinder porting even though same cc. 590 and 600 are closer saws.

620 suppose to be the top dawg of the 3.

For you guys not wanting primer bulbs or m-tronic or autotune 60cc saws. For $400 new this is going to be hard to beat. Pulled the 20" 3/8 70DL D176 bar mount so you know. In dry ash log buried no problems. They have a really long stroke crank. 37.6mm with just 45mm bore. They are not a rpm saw as this one liked 12.1K 13lbs dry PHO.

590 is the low budget one with spur and plastic handle. 600 is upgraded with rim drum and metal handle. The 620 is the top dawg of series with better porting cylinder, bigger carb etc. Also 620 can be bought in full wrap.

JFY

Took this 2013 372xp x-torq in trade today. He has dual ported the muffler since I saw it this winter.
Also got the new full wrap and big dawgs with the half wrap and small dawgs.
Has had a new oem topend put on it by local husky dealer in the past couple years and a had cleaned the ports up some.
It will be for sale.

h372xtx.jpg h372xtxx.jpg

Dang listed this for sale on my site for $425 PHO and pending sell less then 30mins. Unreal.

Just finished going through it and checking over today.

h372xtzz.jpg h372xtzzzz.jpg h372xtzzzzzzz.jpg h372xtzzzzzzzz.jpg h372xtzzz.jpg

1 2100 thin ring rebuild done. Found a used thin ring piston and NOS thin rings.
2 of 3 came in scored up pretty good. Cleaned up cylinders and fresh crosshatching.

2 more to go with think ring pistons.

Need 2 SEM coils for 2100 2101 if folks have any laying around unused. Trying to save owner some $ on buying new coils.

h2100soak.jpg h2100vv.jpg h2100v.jpg h2100x22.jpg

Havent had one of the OE 346 in awhile.
Used to run then woods ported. Mean little 45cc

Made alittle road trip to pick up a saw and do some fishing yesterday evening. Found a homeowner owned OE 346xp. Said he bought a 465 and hadnt used it in over a year so it was time to go. Started up in 3 pulls and restarted in 1. Good enough for me to bring back.
Now to check over before moving it to next owner. 50 350 351 353 346. All to be relocated. :coffee2:

Attachments

• h346oe.jpg
    h346oe.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 22
  • h3460ee.jpg
    h3460ee.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 22
  • h346oeee.jpg
    h346oeee.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 23
  • h346oeeee.jpg
    h346oeeee.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 22
Anyone like these? Husqvarna 50 rancher - needs nothing ready to cut.

I got it for dad over winter and put a afm elastostart handle on it. To help make it easier on his shoulder and hand to start.
But he is now having troubles even getting it started. So going to give him a husqvarna 350 with decomp valve. He was able to start it.
I wrote on the white top at the choke area to help him know which way the choke was on off on it. Since it was different then the poulan 3300 choke.
Sell or trade. Can be PHO or the b+c on it. Thinking 325 18".

h50r.jpg h50rr.jpg h50rrr.jpg h50rrrr.jpg

I knew there couldnt be much wrong with that 660 I took on trade and sold for $150 at CR.
Guy just sent me video of it running. Put carb, fuel and impulse lines on it. Started 3rd pull he said.

s660z.jpg

My old man had a Rancher, I used to borrow it when I started in the mid nineties. My brother inherited it.

Not something I argued about!

He’s rather fond of it as a kind of nostalgic piece.

Pretty sure the rings have gone, what company should he google for cheap parts?

Dang listed this for sale on my site for $425 PHO and pending sell less then 30mins. Unreal.
Just finished going through it and ch
Man! We just paid $500 for our #2 372 to get it out of the shop (main bearings). Would've snatched that up instead. And that 346, ooh la la! Our 346 looks as though it's been to hell and back, (heated) handle finally disintegrated all the way... (Note to self: no, under the customer's BBQ grill is not safe enough of a spot. Somehow the butt of a limb still found it!)

Man! We just paid $500 for our #2 372 to get it out of the shop (main bearings). Would've snatched that up instead. And that 346, ooh la la! Our 346 looks as though it's been to hell and back, (heated) handle finally disintegrated all the way... (Note to self: no, under the customer's BBQ grill is not safe enough of a spot. Somehow the butt of a limb still found it!)

When you pay brand shop rates it is like that. They charge 65-85 a hr labor rates. But only pay their techs 15+

I sold it to a guy I knew (logger) $400 took trade ins and $200 cash. ;)

Sold my 385 PHO to same guy for $500 too. Full wraps and big dawgs and half and smalls.

I sold that 346 for $300 yesterday to a guy on my chainsaw repair group and website. He is going to drive up to get it later on. Told him I would hold it.

h385p505.jpg

Had a little test session yesterday in some dry ash. Firewood size maybe 9" round and then a bigger one that I can run 28" buried. I only used 20" bars buried on the final test yesterday.
Just wanted to compare the like new 590 to a 3750 that I always have at least a few around. I have compared 3750's to 036 262 over the years.

The other saws are showing up this weekend for alittle gtg testing. 380 3500 362 360 and might ask to borrow a friends 357.

Only problem is I sold the 3750 during the testing so it wont be here for weekend.

590 is to be sold too. If anyone interested in a like new untouched 590. Still has plastic limiters and stock muffler.

p37e59.jpg p37e59x.jpg p37e59z.jpg p37e59v.jpg p37e59b.jpg

Few of us got together and tested some 60cc saws for chits. Old and newer. Aftermarket 036 360 complete saw kit too.

Dry ash on stand started at 16 wide and 14 tall ended up 16 x 16 where we stopped on it.

Next bigger on ground could take 28" buried. But we just used 20's and same nib 72dl or 70dl lgx on saws whichever they took.

The biggest log measured over 32 across and was left for my big saw testing before sending back out with locals.

gtg1860cctest.jpg gtg1860ccctest.jpg log18test.jpg log17.jpg log18.jpg

FK cant sell the saw right now. = Glad I pulled muffler for modding today after testing in the 8x8 with stock lgx nib chain. Dang piston must have scored from being to lean with the epa plastic stop. If I recall right I fattened it up as far as I could go when I got it and then pulled the stops this weekend. So saw is NOT for sale at this time. EN still was pulling 140psi and still runs fine.

What I went with for mm. I still went ahead and did the after video as it set even with the scoring and 140psi. Need to load the before and after videos after this.

If I hadnt seen the scoring myself, I couldnt tell it by testing with it.

e590pmuffmod.jpg e590pscore.jpg

First 590 I been in so learning as I go. Bolt on intake boot messed with me and I had a brain fart. So I pulled tank. Now I know I dont have to do that. :|::lol:

Just waiting on the new oem piston kit. Cylinder cleaned up easily.

Domed piston. Like the cylinder layout too.

The plug was perfect colored when pulled from saw too. Also what makes me think it happened before I got it. Dont matter now, is what it is.

e590o.jpg e590oooo.jpg e590ooo.jpg e590oo.jpg e590ooooo.jpg

Want to say Thanks to Nate at POE. That was super fast. P arrived today and installed.

Just fired it off. Learned alot about the 590 while in there and I like the build. Only thing I didnt do was split the crankcases yet on these to see whats in there bearing etc wise.

e59newpp.jpg e59newp.jpg

Back