OK go ahead and laugh at my Poulan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Now to figure this 576 out that just came in.

h576x.jpg h576xp.jpg

Had to laugh yesterday at some of the stories this logger was telling me about this local dealer. Turns out the owners 30something son runs the shop (EXPLAINS IT IMO). Same one I had issues with 10 years ago and never went back as he was that freaking stupid.

Anyhow I get a call. Can you spin my new 60" chain for me. Sure I can come on over. He brings 404 presets etc. The chain is 10-11 drive links to long.
What I dont get the bar he bought from same dealer has 172DL right on it.

All good now.

Then to :cry: he leaves 60" 44" 36" 28" chains for me to sharpen. I said you know chains are my least fav thing to do right. He smiles and says thats why your doing them. :lol:

h60in.jpg

He smiles and says thats why your doing them.

I think you just snagged a good customer! Cool on that loose carb issue....some folks (me included) can make simple complicated. A good, experienced set of eyes like yours looking at something can cipher what we look right over.

Mechanical work = 3D puzzle. Some puzzles are easy some are hard.

I like seeing and reading the problems, diagnosis and fixes. Thanks.

The 576. = Havent ran one of these since they came out new. Was that like 10 years ago? But anyhow running 24" today full comp buried in the ash. I was impressed for 74cc. Also liked how quite it was in the cuts.
Only thing wrong was carb was loose and carb L and I out of tune.

Got those freaking chains done and now waiting parts on the 93 394

He said out of 10 or so saws this one is his fav. Out of 395's 394's 3120 2100's 576 372xt

h394x933.jpg h394x93.jpg

Guy text me that the 3120 I fixed and 60" b+c headed out today. Told him to get a pic. But wouldnt count on it.

Bought me another parts saw for my #1. But she runs.
If original spur, not used much at all.

cp334a.jpg cp334.jpg cp334e.jpg

I am the only one in a huge area that cut chains and order odd bars that is not standars store inventory I think.
Most dealers have what sell most then thats it.
Nothing that makes much money for them or me, just lots of inventory, so they don't do it.

I like the smiles I get when they get what they need instead of what they are used to.
A happy guy leaving here with a smile keep me going a couple day's.

Smiles is fun and makes you feel good, but hard to pay bills with.
I am pretty sure I have no good business, but I have lots of fun.

Yep and word of mouth brings more customers. His skidder operator dropped off a OE walkerized 372 for me to work on.

He did send me a pic of 60" on saw. Skidder operator holding saw while owner took pic.

h3120x60.jpg

Bobby Walker saw from Vancouver. I was told this is the new way of running the triple outlets out there with the screens in all of them. No more pipes on sides like I remember.

h372bw.jpg

Walkerized! They are legends out this way. Curious to know what you think once you've looked it all over.

Walkerized! They are legends out this way. Curious to know what you think once you've looked it all over.

Not done with saw yet. Carb needs rebuilt IMO.

Buttttttt Tell you something I found on the walkerized muffler mods. They take 2 short studs and put a bolt in with nuts and braze them shut. Then just braze the support.
While testing the saw and finished I shook saw side to side etc and could here a banging going on. I text guy and told him I wanted to pull muffler and see whats going on in the saw.
Well one of the nuts was banging around in the muffler and the stud piece no where to be found. Hoping it went forward and out of muffler.
Anyhow I said you want me to leave that other one or use a punch and get it out of there too. He agreed with my thinking and get it out of there.

Still bugs me not knowing where that thread short stud ended up though.

Thats my thoughts too. Just glad nut didnt get in there when test cutting to see.

Oh talking about dull ( ! ) chain good lord. :O How do folks stand that. :lol:

Much better. Runs good with carb and cuts good with 24" sharpened. He will think a different saw compared to how it came in. :|:

The muffler came loose in my ms440. One of the two screws inside the muffler just disappeared.
Pretty worrying.
But no damage seen, so I guess that the screw found its way out.\\:D/

The muffler came loose in my ms440. One of the two screws inside the muffler just disappeared.
Pretty worrying.
But no damage seen, so I guess that the screw found its way out.\\:D/

Had a 440 come in hanging by 1 out muffler bolt. Both inside ones loose in muffler and other outer one gone gone. He got lucky.

squisher JMO and the logger when we both tested the saws.
The walker OE 372 saw dont have the torque in the cuts with 24". We both like more.
The 372 NE XT that was ported local for $120 was stronger in the cuts torque wise.
The stock 576 regular carb was stronger in the cuts torque wise too.

Just what we saw cutting with 24" full comp buried.

But it did run good just not as strong buried 24" if you pushed or dawged in at all.

Back