OK go ahead and laugh at my Poulan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They always seem to score on the exhaust side. That looked pretty bad. And that saw looked pretty new too right?

Real new. Maybe 9 months old. Set to lean from factory or the guy that owned it before me had put it against the carb stop on the lean side. I took it the other way against stop to fatten up when I got it. Then removed aka pulled the stops a weekend ago.

Guy on my site said he is hearing from tree guys of this happening in the state he lives in. Running them as they came and scoring them in short order because to lean from factory.

Folks need to check tunes on new saws and pull them stops if cant get them fat enough.

1995 2083 I bought as a non runner. Broken ring and needing some parts. Which I happen to have parts stored back for these.

Some of the rednecking amazes me some times.

j2083xx.JPG j2083x.JPG j2083iii.jpg j2083iiii.jpg j54mmpp.jpg j54mmp.jpg j2083ii.jpg j20833.jpg

1995 2083 I bought as a non runner. Broken ring and needing some parts. Which I happen to have parts stored back for these.

Some of the rednecking amazes me some times.

View attachment 87330View attachment 87331View attachment 87332View attachment 87333View attachment 87334View attachment 87335View attachment 87336View attachment 87337

Could you add this to models library? That would be great.

Strips on intakes I see often. Most times its not that good. I have seen a few that works, wide enough with enough pressure in correct places.

This saw 026 came in 3 boxes of parts and was dissembled by someone that didnt know what they were doing when they were drunk 5 years ago.
Well now the son has the saw and wanted it back together.
New piston meteor piston kit with caber rings and a few other new parts needed.
Was able to save the cylinder.

Why they took the brake mechanism apart and the clutch too. smh

Anyhow she took a fresh breath last night and lives again.
Hope to button up today and test cut with.

s026cha.jpg

Nice. I've got a couple saws in boxes just like that. Even disassembled under the same influence I'm certain. :D

The jred 2083 failed in the 2nd round of testing with 28" buried in dry ash log. I tried to clean up the porting someone had did but in the end failed. So she will now become a 2077 or a 445. I like the 445 71cc best but dont have a running 77cc at the moment.

Just to show I do lose some. :cry:

j54x.jpg j54xx.jpg j54xxxx.jpg

026 is done and passed the test cutting of 16" dry ash today. The one that was in 3 boxes and set for 5 years taken apart while owner was drunk. Was a fun little project. Not!

s026v.jpg s026vvv.jpg s026cha.jpg

Was cleaning up the 2077 cylinder and getting ready to put a NOS piston kit in.

Doing a much closer inspection. :O:|:

Finally getting back into one of my own saws I had bought thats been a problem child since arrived.
Keep breaking rings 2 times, then finally 3rd time fubarred the whole 2083 topend. No matter what I tried cleaning up someones past porting.
Think I just found part of the problem looking it over much closer this time around.

j2083crank.jpg j2083crankk.jpg

Brings whole new meaning to the 3 piece cranks. :lol:

j2083cranksplit.jpg j2083crankout.jpg

Like it when they come in set up like this. Made testing fun in the 16"-18" dry ash log on the stand.

h39420.jpg

Husky 350 2002 44mm was scored. Instead of cleaning up the cyl this time. I have a 45mm set from a 353 setting on the shelf.
The plastic intake clamp warped and killed it. Updated the partion and metal intake clamp.
Hadnt seen one these fuel filters.
Looks like it will be getting a new drum rim set up and worm gear. Also need presence lever, reason for tape holding spring down. Otherwise under the hood everything looked new and cared for.

OE 350 44mm done with updated 45mm 353 used set. New updated partition and metal clamp. Had to trim the plastic stop off H as I could not tune below 13.8K with the stop and now got her set at 12.8K.

h3503.jpg h350xxxx.jpg h350z.jpg h350xxx.jpg

Attachments

• h350333.jpg
    h350333.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 25
They were running a weedeater filter in it too. Why I showed that pic.

IMO warped loose fitting plastic intake clamp got it. IMO also to lean from factory carb setting too. Fat as I could get it was 13.8 against stop. It came set all the way against stop on the the other side.

I've had them come in worse. The spur cut off in half. Nothing left to turn it but bearing. :lol:

Nothing slowing this 3120 down now days. Been woods ported, v-stack, unlimited coil and H side carb.
To think I get paid to test and tune. :love:

Local runs 60" and 44" most times. In with 32" last night.

h3120vst.jpg

3 days of post from 415 thread on my CR website.

Made a road trip 4hrs total on a Sunday drive.

Hate seeing the little independent guys shop closing.
So I got what I really wanted and some I didnt really want.
He said the auction will be happening soon with what is left. Mostly mower stuff now.

Went to get the 65cc PP415 that was suppose to been fixed and ran great. Also ended up with a P55 and XL. Both can go down the road.

Not bad checking it over. 8)
Topend through plug hole looking at cylinder ext side looked sweet.
Was missing 2 fasteners and 2 tank nuts on the upper left av mount :o. Cant believe they didnt rip the right top cylinder handle av due to this.
3 wrong recoil fasteners = I have.
Missing tank handle insert = " ".
Looks like someone had made and rerun the on/off wire to coil over time. Routed wrong which I will try and make right.
Oh the usual inner clutch cover deform I will fix later too.

Finally finished testing the PP415 65cc I picked up from a closing shop. Ran fine at full throttle in the cuts but couldnt get it to idle very long before it stopped. All the tuning in the world no help. So I started digging.
Suppose to have been ready to cut. He said he had been in the carb. Well maybe he was. But the fulcrum was bent side ways and the carb kit was getting real iffy.
So cleaned carb and put new kit in it. Still same problem.
Being I had a 2083 that I had just rebuilt the carb and knew it was known good I swapped it in. Good to go.
Figured the L side has some blockage somewhere.
65cc with 24" full comp buried in dry ash. 100% satisfied with it now.

pp415xx.jpg p415x.jpg p415xx.jpg pp415z.jpg pp415zz.jpg pp415zzz.jpg pp415zzzz.jpg

Back