OK go ahead and laugh at my Poulan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some of you may have used these growing up. 85cc poulan. I think I posted the 8500 (last of the series) I found last year.
Now I found the 2nd of the series. 5400
Family tree for 85cc was 5200 5400 8500

1 owner that was used only for the big cuts by a family for firewood cutting. Like most of us they have grown old and only use small saws now. They said it had been setting unused for 10 years now.
Installed 1/4" fuel line. Sprayed some mix on the piston cylinder through muffler inspection plate and through plug hole to lube things some.
1st pull while spark test on wire showed all good. 2nd pull she popped. 3rd pull ran like a new one. Unreal IMO after setting for so long.

Oh still had a poulan branded chain on it and came with 2 chains.

Heading off to a collector today.

p54z.jpg p54zz.jpg p54s.jpg p54xxxx.jpg p54xx.jpg p5400xxx.jpg

Ever since I had sold the full wrap 385 to a logger. I been wanting to find a NLA FW for my 505 to run with the big dawgs.

Well I got lucky and a full wrap ex fire dept saw that has been unused for 2 years under their bench. They sold it to a guy that new I was running this series.
The chain brake had quit working and they had to have one for work. I had the parts so that was a easy fix for me.

p415fff.jpg p505fw.jpg p505fww.jpg p505fwwww.jpg p505fwww.jpg

The only Poulan I'd call pro

These were some some true pro poulan saws before the series I like above. Built like a tank and 85cc was the bigger ones in series. Poulan made too.
The ones I like above were partner design mainly with help of jonsered and husqvara. But made in the husqvarna plant.

2 I have owned and sold. I cant take the weight of them as I got older.

p8500o.jpg p5400x.jpg
p8500ad.jpg

That could almost be a Harley Davidson ad.

I like the "The long hard hours we work in America's timber country".

Loggers anywhere else just sit around the crummy and drink coffe, right.:lol:

It’s a bit like the end of the British car industry.

That ad basically says “ yes, we know it’s shit, but at least it’s American”

Built me another 71cc to go with the 83cc

Almost sold it to buy a carbed version 462 shipped to my door for 1050. Just to save 2lbs pho.
Thought about it for 24hrs and thought. Nawwwww not happening. Got a nice parts supply for the saws I run still

p445ff.jpg p445f.jpg p445ffff.jpg p445fff.jpg

After running my half wrap 71cc against a 441c I fixed for a guy. 445 told me time for a carb kit.

p44511.jpg p4451.jpg p445111.jpg p4451111.jpg p445111111.jpg p4451111111.jpg

Just came by an old Poulan 210, all metal housing. Broken pull start cord (dry rotted), tried replacing with some old cord but it snapped too. Fired up and ran before eventually choking it out. Could be a good firewood saw for us.

I'll get the exact model when I run to the shop. It's definitely old, green, and metal. Wondered if it was in the Husqvarna co-produced era, since it has some elements of the typical Husqy design.

I am betting the little top handle 210 that was all metal. Since you keep saying all metal. Was it green or yellow.

One I just thought of is yellow

Also a rear handle version of the top handle all metal in green and 2100.

Bought one of my old saws back today. Broke my own 16lb pho over rule big time. :O

unlimited coil, muffler modded. Around 5 tanks on oem topend.

Probably end up selling or trading off soon once the weight hits me again. :lol:

h3120prr.jpg

SOB! I forgot how loud this thing is. Started it up in the metal pole barn. :O:lol::D

h31t.jpg h31w.jpg h31c.jpg h31x.jpg

Thats a good old poulan saw. Has a following too.

I wouldnt do it like that today. Main purpose for this saw back then was used for a practice saw for cold start racing.

Today I have even pulled the modded muffler off my 83cc and put a stock on. I cant stand the noise as I got older.

Oh makes for easy piston inspections too :lol:

h3120piston.jpg

Back