Stihl 084 21" ES 404 bar and new chain

Own an Echo PP myself.. Solid machine and a bent shaft housing will not rob ya wallet. Starts every time. Cuts... Maybe not the fastest head on the market.. But dependable and well made.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Echo PPT-261, not the newest ones out now http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=PPT+261 and doesnt have the extra extension. Said to be about 4 years old and used on 20 jobs. Any word on this one?

So far I have learned 261 is C.A.R.B. version and 260 was the other model of it.

Last edited:
I have a feeling you aren't going to use it a whole lot Kevin, and I've seen the older Echo PP's run forever, and I'm not a fan of Echo, believe me! But I'd certainly encourage that purchase! Those extendable poles are the cats ass! I wish my Shinny was as light and would reach as far! (Yes, I'm impressed with them for the money!)

I have a feeling you aren't going to use it a whole lot Kevin, I'm not a fan of Echo, believe me!

Very true, Just my place and a few friends places.

Oh now I remember you being a cheerleader not long ago for GO ECHO

Trade in progress. 8)

Echo PPT-261, not the newest ones out now http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=PPT+261 and doesnt have the extra extension. Said to be about 4 years old and used on 20 jobs. Any word on this one?

So far I have learned 261 is C.A.R.B. version and 260 was the other model of it.

Same model I have. I believe. If so, you will want to nip off the choke lever down to flush with the filter cover. Raise it up to cut and when it chokes out when it brushes your hip, you'll know why I said to :lol: They changed that on the next run of the saw. Same with the adjustment coupler. Get a lock washer and wing nut for the cinch bolt. The plastic thingy they use for the wing nut cracks or wallows out toot sweet and is not worth replacing OEM. Other than that.. No problems. You will also like that it has a small break away drive shaft from the clutch to the drive coupler in case you bind the saw too often. A much cheaper fix than the whole drive shaft. I think it was under 10 bucks when it breaks.
They are heavy.. You will need to build up them muscles. ;)

Ooops.. forgot to mention that the motor replacement is cheaper than 50 percent of the saw price.. ;)
Have had mine a while.. no motor problems. But just in case. It's a reasonable fix. IMG_2104.jpg IMG_2102.jpg IMG_2101.jpg
I stole mine used with low hours for $300.00

Cool Thanks for info on 261. Have you checked on yours lately. This one is coming from Calif too.

084 has been traded off elsewhere.

Checked on it?? I don't get ya.
Used it today.. Hell almost daily.
Just replaced that breakaway drive shaft the other day.
Needs a throttle cable adjustment. That's about it. When they put the new shaft in, they did not get everything quite how it was. She idles a tad high.

Checked on it?? I don't get ya.
Used it today.. Hell almost daily.

Your location says CA, the one I traded for is coming from CA today. I was cracking a joke on check and make sure yours is still there :O. :lol:

The one in route. 8):D Thanks guys for helping me out on this quest on power pruners.

IMG_0197.jpg IMG_0194.jpg IMG_0193.jpg IMG_0195.jpg

I know this thread is done but just wanted to say that I always like those handles on the Echo compared to the Sthils. I was going to buy one for a spare but never did get one.

I know this thread is done but just wanted to say that I always like those handles on the Echo compared to the Sthils. I was going to buy one for a spare but never did get one.

The handle makes since to me and should make it easier for my newbie azz to handle it. If I ever get time to put the darn thing together.

Got saws to fix and chains lined up to sharpen for the firewood guys. Cant even mess with my own stuff right now Grrrrrr.

You still trying to sell that saw?

Nope long gone sorry, but Thanks for asking. It is on the west coast getting ready to go through a transformation into a piped racesaw last I heard 8).

Just joined this forum and couldn't help but notice you have and repair 084av's I have need for one. Do you have any for sale still? Thanks Andy

Back