AK or AR......or Mosin?

You may laugh at the Mosin Nagant, but it is responsible for more sniper kills than any other weapon, bar none!!!!!!!!!

Simo Hayha Liked his Finnish built Mosin. 505 confirmed kills in 100 days using iron sights. Possibly 800 if you include unconfirmed kills. Does'nt include his 200+ kills with a tommy gun...

417px-Simo_hayha_honorary_rifle.png

He scared the crap out of the Russians.
They saw him as some sort of forest spirit that could materialize from behind a tree and always hit what he aimed at.
He was very bad for the Russian morale.

A lot of the Russian WW2 snipers were women. Lyudmila Pavlichenko ( hope I spelled that right) had over 300 confimed kills.
( Also with a Mosin Nagant BTW)

I love them all (I'm referring to the rifles-I have never fondled a Russian Sniperette-HONEST!)

Here is an entire company of "sniperettes" for you to dream about fondling, Justin! Lobkovskaya´s_company.jpg

I'm a SKS guy. I know its not a bolt action. But it is a lot of fun to shoot. I can hit a tennis ball at 150 yards. Ware as some of guys at the rang can't hit shit at 75 yards with there AK47. Both shooting 7.62 X 39.

Funny, and so true. My friend has an AK, I have an AR, and my dad has a Mosin, so I know.

I'm a SKS guy. I know its not a bolt action. But it is a lot of fun to shoot. I can hit a tennis ball at 150 yards. Ware as some of guys at the rang can't hit shit at 75 yards with there AK47. Both shooting 7.62 X 39.

I know I couldn't hit much with my dad's SKS, and a friend bought one and would miss 3ft off target from 20 yds, I was amazed.

No harm in reviving old threads right?

I have all three and the SKS is my favorite. It's bullet-proof (pun intended). The AR's are too finicky and the AK's are too sloppy.

AR's are really finicky. The one I had needed to be stripped down after every 200 rounds or so otherwise the extractor would fail to function properly and it didn't matter what ammo I shot.

AR's are really finicky. The one I had needed to be stripped down after every 200 rounds or so otherwise the extractor would fail to function properly and it didn't matter what ammo I shot.

Something seriously wrong with the AR and/or the ammo.

Hey Mike - welcome to the TreeHouse!!! Don't be shy about posting, we rarely bite.

How did you find us?

Although I have been around chain saws all my life, this summer I had a metric poop ton of trees to remove from my property. So I was poking around youtube for tree videos looking for felling tips; your never too old to learn.

I found both Human and August to be entertaining and informative on tree stuff. Well I saw treestuff.com on some of Human's videos and went to their sight and was like a kid in a candy store. I placed four orders in less than a month for all kids of stuff to make my felling easier. Keep in mind that I am not a spider monkey, I only do ground felling. Gravity is not good on an older body, especially when bouncing off the ground! LOL

Don't be shy to fill out your profile, Mike. We have no idea your age or what your gig is.

It's all good here. :drink:

I agree on the extraction issue. But the only one I used was a Canadian forces C7. They were pretty accurate and precise. We did have some ammo issues fouling the tube.

I had basic with the FN 7.62. That was a beast.

Back