Swedish sectional ladders

Bumpworthy for sure, B. It's new to me!

So the sections connect together? Like scaffolding and pole ferules?

I definitely see the usefulness for research and whatnot. The day some fool tries rigging a few logs around them though ... pricey scrap metal ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's about right on all counts, Jonny. Fine for non-dynamic loads on the order of a climber's gear and body weight...past that, a no go.

Somewhere on YouTube is a video of an English guy who referbs factory smoke stacks made of brick.
He lashes ladders together, drives in pins (petons?) to hold the ladder sections to the wall. Near as I can recall he stacked many many sections together

The reason I got to be the preferred climber for the Danish forestry institute/ University of Copenhagen is those stupid ladders.

They had a guy take sick and needed somebody to go up and harvest Maple seeds from selected trees with outstanding log producing qualities, so they could set up a seed plantation.

Somebody recommended me.

So I showed up at the site and they started unloading the ladders.
I went: " saaaaaay, guys, would it be ok, if I did this my way?)

Got the bigshot ( First one in Denmark, far as I know), set the line and went up SRT.

I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I pioneered SRT in Denmark. So they had never seen anything limke that before, this being before Youtube.

I was up that tree, had the seeds and were down again, faster than they could set up two of those ladder sections.

So they have called on me, now "us", ever since, which has meant a lot of really interesting jobs.

Somewhere on YouTube is a video of an English guy who referbs factory smoke stacks made of brick.
He lashes ladders together, drives in pins (petons?) to hold the ladder sections to the wall. Near as I can recall he stacked many many sections together

Don’t think he refurbs them, he demolishes them. Fred Dibnah.

Or rather did, dead now.

Attachments

• 845ADA5B-E81E-4818-BEE5-AAD53852F986.jpeg
    845ADA5B-E81E-4818-BEE5-AAD53852F986.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 17
Back