Motorcycling.

His sister got a horse.

They were actually the same money.

Its hard to explain, but we bought these things in appreciation for the kids being on board with our simple lifestyle.

They dont complain that we have less....or old stuff.

It would be hard to be struggling as much as we are and be hearing "I WANT!" all the time.

Edit!

I know it does not make much sense to buy the kids stuff as way of thanking them for not asking for stuf......

My dad woulda been worried about us hurting ourselves, or the upkeep on the bike or horse.

Horse??? Ha! That woulda never happened, for sure!!!

We are worried about the injury aspect for sure.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RFeOpKdAjHo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Richard boy was sitting at the table with his helmet and pads on this morning.....waiting for the sun to come up.

Melts my heart. ....gear on waiting for sun up...

Some people screw in a throttle stop on the twist grip... so the kid can do 1/2 throttle....

How's your boy doing Jim? I've been a motorcycling fool myself.

That's the Shuswap river and a hydro dam in the background. And just some local fields and hills in the other. I am loathing winters steady approach.

IMG_1944.jpg

IMG_1948.jpg

Very cool to watch....

We went to the woods last weekend and hung at this cabin....

The boy wanted nothing do with his moto or bicycle.
I've obviously really wanted to share this with my kid but it's just not igniting... this kid is teaching me so much... the last thing I want to do is force the situation... kid is teaching me tact, diplomacy and patience.... aghhh.

Jim, I live my dream through you and your kid.

Keep the pics rolling.

Come to SF I'll find you any bike you want..
Xr650l are not that rare...

Thanks guys.

He was practicing his hill climbing yesterday. Riding up and down the manure piles in the corrals.

Sister did as well on her horse.

I skipped out to the shed thinking I had a dirt bike out there.....but no. It is a CB 175. Little brother to my CB 750.

I might just need to make a trip to California!

We for sure have the room Butch......I might have to think about a Moto cross loop.

Don't despair Deva, my daughter is the same way. Always had quads/bikes around, tried to psych her up to buy her own bike. No interest. I'd have chewed my left arm off(and I'm even left handed!) to have been able to have had that opportunity as a kid. I was a teen before I bought my first dirt bike myself and kept it at a friends place where we could ride out from.

My daughter turns fourteen in two weeks. Only gotten her to get on the back of my bike once. Every now and then she'll rip the farm quad around, but mostly just if there's friends over or something. What can you do? Kids are a lot like horses, can't force em.

They might take to it eventually.

I have had lots of bikes over the years. Loved every second on two three and four wheels.

All Jap bikes. Maybe someday I might buy an old Evo Electra Glide.

This dual sport idea intrigues me as of late. I guess I am stuck with a KTM or a Honda. I prefer Honda.

Honda is awesome.... literally last forever.

Thanks Justin. You're right. It's me that's tripping, not him.

...as far as not a horse... I remind myself that he's not a robot or a dog.... cant just make him.

If I was that boy, I'd be looking for higher adventure!!!

Build him a motocross route! I guess you don't have access to earth moving tools? Or the space to lay out a small track?

;)

Something he can bump over, develop some skillz!

Back